Search
Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by ysslah View Post
Hey guys, when is the hiring window going to open?

Just kidding. I couldn't resist it. It's very quite. Any good rumors from OBAP conference?

Filler Fool
Old 08-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6

Nope. I don't think they have made it to the 3/19/20 yet.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by flyguy81 View Post
Don't live in a airline hub, no desire to. Would I go if a legacy called now? yes Would I go if already at a LCC? Guess that depends on timing....I'd stay if it's a few years from now and on the back side of the hiring wave. I've no desire to be in my 50's in a crashpad on reserve.

I want to make decent money and get the days off I want when it's time to go to the kid's dance recitals and baseball games. I'd be content spending the next 30 yrs at Blue. Just wish they'd give me a chance.
The problem with this (and I'm not saying that you're not being genuine) is that everyone says this at an interview. So, I think they're playing the game of trying not to get burned. I had a buddy apply last time around, I pulled strings, did the LOR thing, he was very appreciative. Lives in FL and was swearing that "Yes, this is my last airline." He starts class at American next week. Not only did jetBlue feel like they got the wool pulled over their eyes, *I* felt like I'd been kicked in the teeth. So, now even I'm wary about attaching my name to guys that might bail in less than a year. This guy was barely here 6 months.....
Old 08-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737

That is why I refused any help when I applied at jB last year. I didn't want to drag anyone down with me if I decided not to stay. It's one thing to screw a company (I promise they wouldn't think twice about furloughing you if they needed to) - it's entirely another thing to screw a buddy who stuck his neck out for you.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
The problem with this (and I'm not saying that you're not being genuine) is that everyone says this at an interview. So, I think they're playing the game of trying not to get burned. I had a buddy apply last time around, I pulled strings, did the LOR thing, he was very appreciative. Lives in FL and was swearing that "Yes, this is my last airline." He starts class at American next week. Not only did jetBlue feel like they got the wool pulled over their eyes, *I* felt like I'd been kicked in the teeth. So, now even I'm wary about attaching my name to guys that might bail in less than a year. This guy was barely here 6 months.....
Just curious what kind of time your friend had that got him hired at Blue and then at AA?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Well if JetBlue was serious about running an airline ( that's funny), stories like these might wake them up ( even funnier) and possibly making it a destination airline ( or icon throwing up).

I have no problem with someone coming here and figuring out it doesn't work for them and leaving.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
That is why I refused any help when I applied at jB last year. I didn't want to drag anyone down with me if I decided not to stay. It's one thing to screw a company (I promise they wouldn't think twice about furloughing you if they needed to) - it's entirely another thing to screw a buddy who stuck his neck out for you.
These forums need a button we could all click when we strongly agree with a statement. It could feature something like an upward pointing thumb.. Could even be labeled that we "like" your post or something.

Anyway, point is I agree strongly with your point.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

That's understandable, and why I'm realistic about the likelihood about getting a call to interview (about the same likelihood as hell freezing over). I find it ironic that everyone told us to get 1000 TPIC to move on and because of 9/11, the recession, and age 65, those of us fortunate to have been in the left seat during any of that were effectively stuck. Now it's better to be a RJ FO with no PIC.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737

Don't feel bad fly guy. I didn't have the 1000 PIC turbine when I was furloughed from USAir after 9/11. It led to the "lost decade". That's how long it took me to build that time and get back to the majors.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A320 Right Seat

I recommend anyone I feel is a good pilot, and will be a good crew member to work with. If not I don't recommend them. I don't really have a dog in the fight as to whether they leave within a year or not. Nothing in my letter suggests they will or will not stay.

JetBlue is a business. It is up to the interviewer to decide if the person is a flight risk or not. No pun intended. Personally, I like it here and have no intention of leaving. However, I live in base, and driving to work is priceless. I have young children and value the time I get as a result of living in base over commuting. If I were a commuter anyway I might feel different, and would no feel bad about leaving.