Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 10-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Airbus 320 Right Seat
Default jetBlue Hiring

I took a cab for my interview from JFK airport , it was nearly 50 bucks , if your in no rush take the AirTrain and Subway. Cost 7 bucks or so and drops you off literally right in front of the building ... On the way back everyone is headed to the airport so we spilt a cab with 5 people and shares the cost . Way back plenty will be going back to JFK and LGA.

Good luck and get there early ,
Old 10-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: XJT CA

I used Uber and it was $50-ish. Split a cab or Uber on the way back.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Don't know what I don't know

Depending on traffic, the Airtrain/Subway combo may be fastest. I arrived around 2:00 PM and made it to my hotel (2 blocks from the main building) in about 35 mins with no issues. Some folks spent over an hour in a cab due to traffic, but that was in the morning. Either way, try to give yourself PLENTY of time so you aren't stressed and good luck! The interview process is a great experience.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
I took a cab for my interview from JFK airport , it was nearly 50 bucks , if your in no rush take the AirTrain and Subway. Cost 7 bucks or so and drops you off literally right in front of the building ... On the way back everyone is headed to the airport so we spilt a cab with 5 people and shares the cost . Way back plenty will be going back to JFK and LGA.

Good luck and get there early ,
How long did it take? I've heard stories of between 1 and 2 hours depending on traffic.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by BuckF15 View Post
Depending on traffic, the Airtrain/Subway combo may be fastest. I arrived around 2:00 PM and made it to my hotel (2 blocks from the main building) in about 35 mins with no issues. Some folks spent over an hour in a cab due to traffic, but that was in the morning. Either way, try to give yourself PLENTY of time so you aren't stressed and good luck! The interview process is a great experience.
I guess I should have refreshed my page before posting. How long does the subway route take? My options for flights are either arrive at airport 2.5 hours prior to interview spot which would leave me an hour to get there, or take first flight of the morning and likely be 3+ hours early. Is there anything right around the headquarters building to kill some time or would you just recommend getting in early?
Old 10-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Poolie

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Poolie

Originally Posted by BluetotheBone View Post
I guess I should have refreshed my page before posting. How long does the subway route take? My options for flights are either arrive at airport 2.5 hours prior to interview spot which would leave me an hour to get there, or take first flight of the morning and likely be 3+ hours early. Is there anything right around the headquarters building to kill some time or would you just recommend getting in early?
Get there early. There's a few chairs in the lobby to sit in if they won't process you in early. Better to have the extra time as buffer. Air Train/Subway/walk took me just over an hour.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Line Holder

Position: Don't know what I don't know

What BigRed said. I arrived almost 2 hours early and it allowed time to meet the others there for the interview and drink more water in order not to have a problem with the drug test...in other words, not being able to go and messing up the interview schedule. You laugh, but it is a common occurrence according to the drug test team.

Plan to get there early, drink plenty of water, relax, and enjoy the experience.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by BluetotheBone View Post
Go early.
If you are going to JFK you could always kill time at the JetBlue terminal.
Grab something to eat look around and maybe even chat with some pilots.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 737FO

Does anyone know if there is still a place to apply for JB? When I take a look at the website it says that there are no current openings. Is there a special page that is dedicated specifically to flight crews?? Any thoughts would be more than welcome!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Hatrick32 View Post
Does anyone know if there is still a place to apply for JB? When I take a look at the website it says that there are no current openings. Is there a special page that is dedicated specifically to flight crews?? Any thoughts would be more than welcome!

You have to wait for the "window" of applying to open. Just keep an eye on this thread and up to date with whatever word gets passed on. Somewhere a few pages back someone mentioned possibly march 2015; so we'll see