Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 01-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Blue fifi flogger

Originally Posted by cmesoar View Post
I have never seen a 5 leg day without a DH, and that was once. 4-5 leg days forever like Benz says is a total lie on the 190. Now 2-4 leg days, well yes that is more accurate. I did one red eye and hated it the next day. I am staying as far from the bus as I can for as long as I can for QOL. That's just me tho. Hope you all get calls soon for those waiting.
It's not that much of an exaggeration. As they pull the 190 off more of the Texas and NE-Florida routes, the 4-leg 5 hour monsters (one nickname here in BOS) are percolating up to the top 10 percent in both seats, at least on the daytrip side of things. They're also common middle days on the commutable 4-days. Having said that if you can accept 2-3 day trip uncommutable on one or both ends it's much easier to get to the 1-3 leg/day trips, at least in BOS.

Notwithstanding the above, my only 5-leg days here were on the 320, transiting through LGB on the middle days of trips out west. I honestly found 5 legs in FiFi to be about the same fatigue level as 3 in the 190, due to the improved ergonomics and overall lower hassle factor flying out west. As always, YMMV. And newhires to the 320 will look like vampires for about 6mos-1 year. THAT is one constant here
Old 01-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Side stick game boy.

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
It's not that much of an exaggeration. As they pull the 190 off more of the Texas and NE-Florida routes, the 4-leg 5 hour monsters (one nickname here in BOS) are percolating up to the top 10 percent in both seats, at least on the daytrip side of things. They're also common middle days on the commutable 4-days. Having said that if you can accept 2-3 day trip uncommutable on one or both ends it's much easier to get to the 1-3 leg/day trips, at least in BOS.

Notwithstanding the above, my only 5-leg days here were on the 320, transiting through LGB on the middle days of trips out west. I honestly found 5 legs in FiFi to be about the same fatigue level as 3 in the 190, due to the improved ergonomics and overall lower hassle factor flying out west. As always, YMMV. And newhires to the 320 will look like vampires for about 6mos-1 year. THAT is one constant here

Sounds like its time for you to go to Delta, your senior to me. Right.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Flint Stone View Post
Sounds like its time for you to go to Delta, your senior to me. Right.
Nothing AE said was company bashing, negative, or emotional. He was only stating facts about how the trips are. Your response however was naive and uncalled for.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

All I can comment on is my own experience, but RSV here is pretty damn good. I'm a FLL based guy and bid RSV. I average about 3 days actually flying a month with plenty of Long Call and 1 or 2 days getting released for my last day (finding out at noon the day before your last day that they're giving you the last day off due to plenty of coverage).

My gf is JFK 190 and works 1-2 days a month. She actually dequalified and had to go into the sim two months ago. One week she was on for 4 days, she received 3 days of Long Call and was Released her last day so never even had to go to JFK for 4 days of RSV.

I realize everyone's experiences are different, and not all bases or aircraft are the same. But this is my experience and perspective.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

My plan is to try and get FLL and if so, up and move. One thing to sit on reserve mowing the lawn at home. Entirely another experience residing in a Crashpad in JFK doing "nothing" for a week.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011

This will not be your experience in the left seat. You work on RSV
Old 01-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U View Post
I have been on the 190 almost a year now and I have never seen a 5 leg day, unless you count Dead Heading a 5th leg. I have only seen this once!
Been here nearly 8 yrs all e190 and never have flown 5 legs.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by texpilot View Post
All I can comment on is my own experience, but RSV here is pretty damn good. I'm a FLL based guy and bid RSV. I average about 3 days actually flying a month with plenty of Long Call and 1 or 2 days getting released for my last day (finding out at noon the day before your last day that they're giving you the last day off due to plenty of coverage).

My gf is JFK 190 and works 1-2 days a month. She actually dequalified and had to go into the sim two months ago. One week she was on for 4 days, she received 3 days of Long Call and was Released her last day so never even had to go to JFK for 4 days of RSV.

I realize everyone's experiences are different, and not all bases or aircraft are the same. But this is my experience and perspective.
Fantastic. Can I ask you how senior are you to have such a good reserve treatment?
Old 01-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by texpilot View Post
I'm a FLL based guy and bid RSV. I average about 3 days actually flying a month with plenty of Long Call and 1 or 2 days getting released for my last day (finding out at noon the day before your last day that they're giving you the last day off due to plenty of coverage.
Excellent. I would imagine as the base grows as well that the option to bid reserve would be available to more folks.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Reserve tends to go senior in the southern bases. Not uncommon in mco for the plug to get a line in the trough months. However as bases get larger reserves tend to work more in my observation. Ymmv