Search
Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by Sky4Me View Post
JetBlue thinks I will leave them for big 3 with my experience. Which might be not the case for you. Anyway wishing you good luck with your interview 😊
Not true. The last few classes this year have been chock full of guys with resumes capable of getting in the door at legacy airlines. You need to go to WAI or OBAP. Unless you flat out tell them that you are using them as a stepping stone or show that you have done zero research into the company then you will have a very good shot.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: A320 right

Originally Posted by Walkeraviator View Post
Should I feel insulted that Jet Blue hasn't called, but is willing to hire a zero time guy through an ab initio program?
Answer:NO you shouldn't feel insulted. The ab initio program is a test bed right now to see if it even will work. They are using like 20 people. It will take more than 3 years till the first one arrives on property. They are not JetBlue employees till they are on property.

Come back in 3 years and gripe about it. That's when it will change the game.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

This seems like a "slap in the face" to the many others with applications on file....IMO

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: EMB Any seat available
Default jetBlue Hiring

Originally Posted by Flying Enoch View Post
This seems like a "slap in the face" to the many others with applications on file....IMO

It very insulting. Who ever conjured up the idea might have well said, "we just don't like the thousands of applicants on file because we cannot find enough of what we want from the oversized pool."

On a side note, I have been and I've seen hundreds of others who have been to career fairs. I personally don't have anything hidden in my closet. I chose not to chase the upgrade and hitting 5 years of FO time. The whole system is wearing me out as well as the lack of fairness given to candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Livin' & Lovin'

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Default jetBlue Hiring

Can somebody tell me the best way to get the lowdown on OBAP, WIA, and other job fairs and conferences? As in when and where, and how to sign up, etc.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Transitioning

Originally Posted by dicec2 View Post
Can somebody tell me the best way to get the lowdown on OBAP, WIA, and other job fairs and conferences? As in when and where, and how to sign up, etc.
https://www.wai.org

I know the big WAI conference is 10-12 March 2016 in Nashville. I'm sure a quick google search will tell you similar info for OBAP. They are a pricey gig when you factor in membership, airfare, hotel, missed work, etc... but it's part of the game I guess... good luck.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Livin' & Lovin'

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Default jetBlue Hiring

Gotta do what you gotta do, right? And thanks.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Maybe JB is just trying to get ahead of the game when all hell breaks loose and there are no qualified pilots besides the few that are going to the big 3. Seems like a hedge for the future.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Flying Enoch View Post

Actually it's a slap in the face to every pilot in America. With this program Jetblue has said that any experience outside of training isn't required hence not important to them in a new hire pilot. It's an insanely wasteful program and probably the most disappointed and insulted I've been while a pilot at Jetblue. I cannot wrap my head around how something like this got approved.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: DHC-8 100/300

Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
It very insulting. Who ever conjured up the idea might have well said, "we just don't like the thousands of applicants on file because we cannot find enough of what we want from the oversized pool."

On a side note, I have been and I've seen hundreds of others who have been to career fairs. I personally don't have anything hidden in my closet. I chose not to chase the upgrade and hitting 5 years of FO time. The whole system is wearing me out as well as the lack of fairness given to candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a lot of people on file at the majors with better than "almost 5 years of FO time." Relax man. If you're sad because you haven't ended up at a major after 4 years then you don't belong in this industry. It took me almost 9. Avg seems to be 11-12 years.