Fighter Pilot Terminology

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Yes, but how do you show that with your hands at the bar?
By mimicking typing on a keypad and hitting switches on a throttle/stick instead of using your hands to imitate airplanes.
Merge: The point where the command and control asset's (AWACS) radar can no longer differentiate separate radar hits. The friendly airplane and the bogey have "merged" into a single radar return.
Quote: Merge: The point where the command and control asset's (AWACS) radar can no longer differentiate separate radar hits. The friendly airplane and the bogey have "merged" into a single radar return.
"Dark star, BRA _____ group"

"Merge plot"

"ah %^#$@#"
"And, uh, hound-01... wing king says don't goon this up, those gomers are good"
Quote: I'm no fighter pilot,... but in this day and age, I'd say the fight should be over long before the merge.

That is why there are no REAL Fighter Pilots anymore.
Quote: I'm no fighter pilot,... but in this day and age, I'd say the fight should be over long before the merge.

Any fighter pilot who thinks it can't come down to guns anymore is in the running to be the last fighter pilot in history to die in a gun fight...

They tried that back in the 'nam or so I've heard.
Rick is correct
Quote: Any fighter pilot who thinks it can't come down to guns anymore is in the running to be the last fighter pilot in history to die in a gun fight...

Box sarcasm.

If that we're the case, they would've put a gun on the JSF.

Sarcasm, unboxed.
And 16 and 15E's never use the gun on CAS missions...
Quote: Any fighter pilot who thinks it can't come down to guns anymore is in the running to be the last fighter pilot in history to die in a gun fight...

^^^ This.

In fact I flew a couple sets of gun only ACM yesterday. (Bragging...)
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to