Job Offer from Mesa

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Got an offer from Mesa to start class in two weeks. I also have an interview with Republic next week. I have until tomorrow to call Mesa back and accept.

The guy that I talked to was very cool and very informative. Really didn't try and hide anything. It seems they got my resume from pilot pool. I signed up for that no more than a week ago and got called today.
Wait.....you didn't interview?
Take Mesa...(sad but true)...
Quote: Wait.....you didn't interview?
Yeah, I did a phone interview. After it was completed I was offered a class date.
Accept the Mesa job. Then interview at RAH. Leave your options open until the day you step foot on property somewhere.

Edited:
What? You didn't interview in person?
Take mesa I suppose. You don't incur the training contract until you complete training, so you can (and should) bail from training if you get a better offer.
Quote: Accept the Mesa job. Then interview at RAH. Leave your options open until the day you step foot on property somewhere.

Edited:
What? You didn't interview in person?
Mesa interviews by telephone, and eventually they'll do them via video conferencing...
Quote: Mesa interviews by telephone, and eventually they'll do them via video conferencing...
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. They hire right after the phone interview? They don't use the phone interview as an intermediate step in the hiring process?

So, the first time someone from the company actually sets eyes on you is when you show up as a new hire?
Quote: Yeah, I did a phone interview. After it was completed I was offered a class date.
Wow!!!! Sign of things to come I guess. Have an atp? Speak English and seem to know what youre talking about? Hired! Thats wild man. Congrates on the offer and all, just never heard of anything like this. Im sure it will be standard practice at regionals though in the next few years.
Quote: Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. They hire right after the phone interview? They don't use the phone interview as an intermediate step in the hiring process?

So, the first time someone from the company actually sets eyes on you is when you show up as a new hire?
Welcome to the new reality of the pilot shortage....
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to