Tail dragger checkout Los Angeles area

Subscribe
Have a five day trip coming up in October to LAX and want to get a tail dragger check out. I know it's short, but at least I want to get started on it. Does anyone know a place in the LAX area where I can get that?

Many thanks!
If you're willing to head over to Fullerton, check these guys out:

Aviator Flight Training

They have a really nice 170 that's available. It won't be the least expensive option, but they specialize in taildragger and warbird instruction, and the training will be top notch.
You'll be very hard pressed to find taildragger training, as so few exist. You may be interested in conventional gear training, which involves a tailwheel, rather than a skid.

Sunrise Aviation at Orange County does a high volume of conventional gear and aerobatic training in Citabrias.
Quote: You'll be very hard pressed to find taildragger training, as so few exist. You may be interested in conventional gear training, which involves a tailwheel, rather than a skid.

Sunrise Aviation at Orange County does a high volume of conventional gear and aerobatic training in Citabrias.
Sorry, you're right of course.

Thanks for the tips, I'll look at the places.
I knew what you meant. Just giving you a hard time.
You might also look into "Mickey" at Torrance; if he's still doing it. Can't go wrong with Sunrise at SNA either. You'll be a more skilled and confident pilot for doing it; stay off the brakes and keep that stick back...
Also CP aviation at Santa Paula. I believe they have a Decathlon and a Citabria. Such a cool little airport. It's worth the drive from LAX just to check it out even if you're not flying.