Which would look better on my resume?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I am an instructor at Whiting Field in the T-6B. I am studying for the ATP written and will probably be taking that test in a couple weeks but after that I have a decision to make and I'm looking for advice. My plan is to use my GI Bill to pay for the ATP practical and my two possible routes are either: 1) Higher Power and get the ATP and 737 type or 2)Accessible Aviation and get the ATP with an MEI add-on.

Right now I have a SEL/MEL Commercial license with SEL CFI and CFII.

At the end of the day, what would a major airline like to see more on a resume, a 737 type with no hours in model or a MEI ticket?

IMMEDIATE FOLLOWUP: If your answer is MEI, does that also trump any possible networking advantages that I could gain at a place like Higher Power?

Thanks in advance!
737 hands down
I realize, after re-reading my original post, that it kind of looks like a stupid question. I have seen several replies on different threads where people said that airlines not named Southwest may look negatively on applicants with a 737 type and no hours. So I guess a second followup is, is there still a "you're just holding out for a Southwest interview" stigma attached to people who just have the 737 type?
Dude, I think it depends on your flight experience...hands down you need the ATP......outside of that, your guess is as good as mine......
Check your PMs.
Go get the MEI.
Even my SWA buds say you don't want to go to SWA. They have hired so many in the past decade that you will be a bottom feeder for quite a while.

So, if you rule SWA out, is there a need to go get the type? If you are looking for some Part 135... or even 91... that would like that type, then maybe you should get it.

Bottom line: it depends on what you want.
For me, my MEI has opened up a large potential market of income.
Don't forget to add your Comm'l Glider category add-on rating. (no written for you).
Quote: Don't forget to add your Comm'l Glider category add-on rating. (no written for you).
Amen. Right down the road from you. Once the monsoon ends, we can go flying:

Coastal Soaring Association
I pm'd you.
how much is the 737 type these days?
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to