Career advice, insight... Greatly appreciated

Subscribe
Alright guys, I'm just looking for some career advice. Any feedback is much appreciated. I am 28 years old. I recently quit Grand Canyon, Scenic Airlines as a -6 captain to go fly for FlightWorks in Afghanistan. Well, after I received me secret clearance, FlightWorks lost their contract and basically put me out of work... I'm not dissing on any companies here. It seemed to be a bad situation for FlightWorks as well. I personally think they got kinda screwed over. I have no hard feelings and would gladly work for them any day. They all seem like great people over there. But regardless, now I am unemployed. I had planned on finishing my 1000 multi turbine PIC with FlightWorks. Before getting an opportunity with them, I had planned on finishing my 1000 multi turbine PIC with GCA, Scenic. Then, go the regions. I really wanted to do the over seas thing for a resume builder, the experience, and to pay off my student loan debt.

Well curently I am sitting on 2950 TT, 2041 PIC, 1448 Multi, 555 Multi turbine PIC, 829 Multi turbine SIC. All turbine in a DHC-6 (Twin Otter).

Should I try to go back to GCA, Scenic to finish off my 1000 PIC Multi Turbine? Or should I jump to the regionals. Also, which regional and why? I have kind of been leaning towards Republic for the faster upgrade times. Ultimately, I'm hoping something comes up with FlightWorks or another over seas operator and I can get my foot in the door flying over seas.

Any recommendations, thoughts, negative feedback. Anything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RidinNFlyin
First and foremost, since you find yourself between jobs, is maintaining currency. If GCA won't have you back, getting an SIC position is better than going non-current. Not sure that 1000PIC is necessary for the overseas operators you're looking at, but it's a good idea to get in case you end up staying in the US. I wish you well!