"Fly the Friendly Skies"

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Rhapsody in Blue may be one of the best marketing tools ever used too. Is there anyone over the age of about 8 in this country that can't hear that song and think UAL commercials circa 1988 and beyond?
Agree and they are bringing it back in a big way:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/bu...oofinance&_r=0
Glad to see "the Friendly Skies" back.

I'd like to see a commercial along these lines:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XozHLoqwp_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/XozHLoqwp_4
Quote: Glad to see "the Friendly Skies" back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XozHLoqwp_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

British Airways Advert 2011: To Fly. To Serve. (HD) - YouTube

Awesome vid! Staying Brit ish, how about this one:

Virgin Atlantic: 25 Years, Still Red Hot - YouTube
Quote: Glad to see "the Friendly Skies" back.

British Airways Advert 2011: To Fly. To Serve. (HD) - YouTube
Here it is monkeyfly. Not in our lifetime though.

For you anglophiles out there.

Another one...

United - Painting a portrait of our pilots - YouTube
Quote: This one always held a special spot.

...tailwinds Captain Fitch.
One of the best guys you will ever meet. His loss was sudden but I am thinking another team needed him to run CPT charm school.

You are missed.....
Quote: This one always held a special spot.

...tailwinds Captain Fitch.
Quote: One of the best guys you will ever meet. His loss was sudden but I am thinking another team needed him to run CPT charm school.

You are missed.....
For those unfamiliar with UAL's history, Captain Fitch was a DC10 Standards Captain deadheading on UA #232 when the #2 engine exploded and the aircraft lost all hydraulics. Not a good situation in an aircraft that only operated via hydraulic control with no manual backups.

Captain Al Haynes, utilizing all available resources invited CA Fitch to the cockpit which eventually resulted in the crew flying the theoretically uncontrollable aircraft to a surprisingly successful crash landing in SUX with CA Fitch kneeling on the cockpit floor and maintaining control using only differential thrust.

And that ad aired shortly after 9/11 when airlines returned to the sky.
This was an awesome day! I went to the event in the Willis Tower.. Really makes me proud to be here as a new hire.. Hope to fly with you all soon!
Quote: Another one...

United - Painting a portrait of our pilots - YouTube
uh.....ok.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to