Logging PIC time in the AF

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I did all IP and EP time + 80% of my primary time, post AC checkout as PIC. Seems like this is a pretty accepted technique. I've also heard people using 90%. Just be able to speak to it. Like someone posted as long as you have the mins, it should be good. Also, from what I hear the airlines aren't too worried about hours from mil guys because the quality of training is a known quantity.
Quote: Just FYI, you cannot log SIC in the T-6. It is single pilot only.
Yeah, I'm very surprised to see guys claiming SIC for T-37/T-6 and T-38 student time. Single pilot jets by definition don't have an SIC. Solo PIC is a valid claim...if you we're already a licensed pilot.

Seams like dudes/dudettes are walking on thin ice, or am I missing something?
Quote: Yeah, I'm very surprised to see guys claiming SIC for T-37/T-6 and T-38 student time. Single pilot jets by definition don't have an SIC. Solo PIC is a valid claim...if you we're already a licensed pilot.

Seams like dudes/dudettes are walking on thin ice, or am I missing something?
For Southwest, the pilotcredentials website only has 3 choices for logging time PIC, SIC and IP. I elected to put my dual received, i.e. UPT, time in as SIC.

Airlineapps has a spot for dual/student time, which is where I put all my UPT time.

Is this not what are others doing?
If they don't ask for dual, I leave it out entirely.
Quote: For Southwest, the pilotcredentials website only has 3 choices for logging time PIC, SIC and IP. I elected to put my dual received, i.e. UPT, time in as SIC.

Airlineapps has a spot for dual/student time, which is where I put all my UPT time.

Is this not what are others doing?
I did the same. Either way I am way over the mins and I can easily explain it in a logbook review. The mins are asking for total time. The numbers don't jibe with my logbook if I don't include dual time.

I also didn't add the .3 per sortie until after filling out the questionnaire towards the end where it asks about it. Either way, I can logically and easily explain it using my excel logbook which matches my Navy log.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to