Wheels Up Interview

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Gama needs to go to home basing. Don't reinvent the wheel. Hiring for specific bases only lowers the quality of the applicant.
You would think that would make sense. When you look at the flights on flight aware, the majority of them are not out and backs from base.
How confident do you guys think that pbi will need more crew towards the end of the summer?
Before you take a job hear check on the schedules. 6 on and 3 off is less days off the a regional airline?
Pay is better than a regional, but not by much. Sad statement I know....
True, but 6/3 allows you to actually have a day off. If I went back to the regional world, the day or two off between trips or reserve would be wasted commuting or spent in a crash pad!!!
I've been out of the game since the NJ furlough working in the family business. Its long overdue to try and get back to flying. I have 8k total, 6k/pic, 5 types, degree and NO hint of currency. I've had one PIC job offer in the 8 months I've been looking, but the pay was garbage so I reluctantly passed. I've been so tempted to go back and flush my life down the drain for a year at the regionals, but I can't pull the trigger on that either. I'm so torn on what to do it makes me sick. I'm half way down the list at NJ, but it appears Buffets hired guns are running that place right into the ground, so now I wait. If I get the call for VNY, I will gladly take the job and see what happens. Good luck to you.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm flying regularly, but it can see the writing on the wall that I'm one good offer on the plane and will be without a job. I've considered putting a year in at the regionals myself, but I don't see how it's possible to make $40 a day turn into gas, food, crash pad money. It can no way possibly pay my normal bills, but I'm trying to decided if I want to eat into my savings to do that. I'm hoping they hire into pbi soon, as that area is where I'm wanting to be long term and I think this is a great opportunity. Where do you live av8?
San Diego with family in LA.
They're nice people at Wheels Up. No medical out of paycheck. Good per-diem.

Waiting for an interview.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to