Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
287  337  377  383  384  385  386  387  388  389  390  391  397  437  487 
Page 387 of 776
Go to
Quote: That makes sense, but who in their right mind would leave the mighty 737 for a french made pain tube filled with used pinball machine parts?
Anybody who has experience flying both.
I had an interesting experience the other night while flying our only red nosed Boeing in the fleet. During boarding, the A flight attendant had to reassure multiple pax that it was a Boeing a/c and not an Airbus. At least 5 different times, pax started complaining as soon as they saw the red paint. For whatever reason they associated the red fuselage with the red lettering on the old VX Airbus’ and were not happy about it. This kinda throws a wrench into the argument that pax prefer the Airbus to the Boeing.
Alaska has the absolute dumbest customer base. I've seen this as well. Poisoned by the mindset of living in Boeings backyard coupled with zero aviation knowledge.

Quote: I had an interesting experience the other night while flying our only red nosed Boeing in the fleet. During boarding, the A flight attendant had to reassure multiple pax that it was a Boeing a/c and not an Airbus. At least 5 different times, pax started complaining as soon as they saw the red paint. For whatever reason they associated the red fuselage with the red lettering on the old VX Airbus’ and were not happy about it. This kinda throws a wrench into the argument that pax prefer the Airbus to the Boeing.
I can’t believe what I’m reading. A bunch of mainline pilots celebrating that their employer is ditching airframes. While their employer opens a new terminal using regional service only. All the while SWA just opened fire on their Hawaii service.

I’ve never been more concerned for my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Alaska has the absolute dumbest customer base. I've seen this as well. Poisoned by the mindset of living in Boeings backyard coupled with zero aviation knowledge.
You’ve reduced yourself to attacking the intelligence of the pax? Why would a pax need any aviation knowledge to figure out whether or not they’re more comfortable flying on one plane vs. the other? Com’on man, your anti AS bias is getting the better of you now. Take a big deep breath and know that uncle Ben loves you.
Quote: I had an interesting experience the other night while flying our only red nosed Boeing in the fleet. During boarding, the A flight attendant had to reassure multiple pax that it was a Boeing a/c and not an Airbus. At least 5 different times, pax started complaining as soon as they saw the red paint. For whatever reason they associated the red fuselage with the red lettering on the old VX Airbus’ and were not happy about it. This kinda throws a wrench into the argument that pax prefer the Airbus to the Boeing.
You are flat talkin outa your a$$.....Variations of that story have been floating around for a long time. You cheerleaders sure have a way about you....and that”I voted yes” button on your tie is lookin good.
[QUOTE=Klsytakesit;2775768]You are flat talkin outa your a$$.....Variations of that story have been floating around for a long time. You cheerleaders sure have a way about you....and that”I voted yes” button on your tie is lookin good.[/QUOTE

You don't like what you hear so it must be made up? If this flying thing doesn't work out for you, you've got a job in government waiting for you. That's exactly what happened and the only reason I brought it up is because 1) Before this I haven't ever heard any pax complain about riding on an Airbus vs. a Boeing. I've always been under the impression the average pax couldn't tell a 737 from a 152. 2). There is this dumb debate that all pax love the Airbus more than the 737. Apparently these folks did not. How do you take what I said and flip it to mean I'm cheerleading for the company? I don't care if we have a mixed fleet, an all Boeing fleet or an all Airbus fleet. They're both narrow bodies that pay the same. You know that right? I haven't been here long enough to get a chance to vote on anything but in your 20 yrs here, you've certainly helped make this place the Nirvana it currently it. Thanks for all you do. You're brand of rebellion is a refreshing.
Speaking as a passenger, I prefer the Bus over the 737. But, I'll take any widebody over either anytime.
Im not so much attacking them individually as I am attacking their teachers and educational support systems in their trailer parks growing up.

Also, I'm referring more to the ones that are irrationally afraid of flying on an airbus for no reason other than hearing anti airbus sentiments. If someone genuinely enjoys flying on a 737 over an airbus I could not care less, good for them.

Also, uncle ben is loving on everyone he can apparently so knowing he loves me isn't working the way it used to.
Quote: You’ve reduced yourself to attacking the intelligence of the pax? Why would a pax need any aviation knowledge to figure out whether or not they’re more comfortable flying on one plane vs. the other? Com’on man, your anti AS bias is getting the better of you now. Take a big deep breath and know that uncle Ben loves you.
Quote: Im not so much attacking them individually as I am attacking their teachers and educational support systems in their trailer parks growing up.

Also, I'm referring more to the ones that are irrationally afraid of flying on an airbus for no reason other than hearing anti airbus sentiments. If someone genuinely enjoys flying on a 737 over an airbus I could not care less, good for them.

Also, uncle ben is loving on everyone he can apparently so knowing he loves me isn't working the way it used to.
Does this apply to those who prefer the Airbus to the Boeing? Are those folks morons from the trailer park too? Or is it only the ones that don’t fit your narrative that are clearly too dumb to fly? Also, you say a pax would have to be completely ignorant of aviation to say they prefer a 737 to a 320 but now say they are at least knowledgeable enough to form an opinion based on what they’ve heard about each aircraft? Seems like the MORE you say they know, the more opinionated they become against the 320 vs. the 737. I’m still of the mindset that 99% of the traveling public couldn’t tell the difference between most airplanes. It’s just very interesting that it would make you upset enough to attack a customer base as dumb because you hear something that goes against your bias. They’re both narrow body airplanes that pay the same bud. If we go all one fleet or the other, your paycheck ain’t gonna change. Uncle Ben will make it better though. He’s got enough love for everyone.
287  337  377  383  384  385  386  387  388  389  390  391  397  437  487 
Page 387 of 776
Go to