Flying Floats in Maldives

Subscribe
Anyone have current information on the Maldivian Air?
Any info on pilot life style?
Company ?
Somebody will be along with info, but as I understand it, either be Maldivian OR high-time Twotter float pilot with Canadian license.

GF
Ken borek is the company. Google them. I believe the head office is in Calgary.
There are 2 float airlines in the Maldives: Maldivian Air Taxi (the red planes) and TMA (the yellow planes). They're based right next to each other in Male.

About 2 years ago MAT advertised for FO's. The ad said that you needed a single-engine sea rating, and no minimum seaplane experience. When I talked to the recruiter, he said that competitive mins were actually a multiengine sea rating and a couple hundred hours on floats. They hire mostly guys that get their experience in Canada and Alaska. No, Canadian license is not required.

Google "barefoot pilots" They have a forum and site full of photos of the flying. Good luck.
I was thru there last year. Looked like a perfect retirement job.
Quote: I was thru there last year. Looked like a perfect retirement job.
I was thinking the same thing. Bermuda shorts, flip flops, and Hawaiian shirt flying to one of the most awesome destinations in the world. I'm sure it has it's downsides but as a pax getting 30 minutes worth of exposure to the job, it sure looked nice.
Sounds like a good time to me
Both companies have now 1 Yankie owner. Blackstone.