David Clark DC Pro-X Heaset

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
I have the DC pro's as well, use them in a crj. They are super comfortable and the ANR works great. Also very light weight and they fold to a compact size. No bulk at all. The only complaint is the volume control is not a slider type and it resets after you turn it off. So I end up readjusting each ear volume before flight. Kinda annoying. However still worth every penny in my opinion.
Quote: So I end up readjusting each ear volume before flight. Kinda annoying.
I wouldn't have the patience for that nonsense.
Quote: I have the DC pro's as well, use them in a crj. They are super comfortable and the ANR works great. Also very light weight and they fold to a compact size. No bulk at all. The only complaint is the volume control is not a slider type and it resets after you turn it off. So I end up readjusting each ear volume before flight. Kinda annoying. However still worth every penny in my opinion.
Hmmmm....I don't readjust my headset volumes, just the volume on the radio itself.
After more flight time with the DC's I recant my statement about the volume adjustment. I as well adjust radio volume now period. Works fine.
Has anybody used these in an Airbus or Boeing? Worth the money?
Just a quick update....I have now flown my DC pros in general aviation aircraft (Cessna 172s and the like). I am pleased with the noise reduction, and will continue to use them for my GA flying. Like the Bose, one must bring spare batteries as the passive reduction is minimal.
Quote: Has anybody used these in an Airbus or Boeing? Worth the money?
I bought them last week and fly Boeing. Looks like I won't fly on reserve until April, but I'll post something when I fly again.
Wow, this is a thread from a while back. FWIW, I ended up going with Clarity Aloft. Expensive for what they are, but I've been using them for about a year and a half and have no regrets.

I would still like to know how the DC's do though.
Quote: Wow, this is a thread from a while back. FWIW, I ended up going with Clarity Aloft. Expensive for what they are, but I've been using them for about a year and a half and have no regrets.

I would still like to know how the DC's do though.
You like the ear plugs that come with them or using an alternative memory foam plug? I'm thinking of getting the Pro TSO version to wear on the 777 and also for GA flying if it's doable... you know if the two plug CA will fit in both a Boeing and GA aircraft that use a 2 plug setup? I'm just getting started in GA flying and not really too sure on plug differences. I'll b3 primarily flying a DA40 and SR22.
Quote: You like the ear plugs that come with them or using an alternative memory foam plug? I'm thinking of getting the Pro TSO version to wear on the 777 and also for GA flying if it's doable... you know if the two plug CA will fit in both a Boeing and GA aircraft that use a 2 plug setup? I'm just getting started in GA flying and not really too sure on plug differences. I'll b3 primarily flying a DA40 and SR22.
I have the TSO'd version as well. I use the earplugs they came with and haven't tried others (although I do replace them once a month).

I currently use them in an Airbus, and I've also used them in a GA airplane. The plug was the same and they work fantastic in the GA as well.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to