David Clark DC Pro-X Heaset

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Anyway use this headset and what do you think of it? I'm considering the Bose A20, but besides the price it seems pretty big and heavy for a long haul. Wondering about other options. Thanks
Quote: Anyway use this headset and what do you think of it? I'm considering the Bose A20, but besides the price it seems pretty big and heavy for a long haul. Wondering about other options. Thanks
I know a lot of guys use the Bose and like them. For whatever reason DCs seem to be anathema at the majors. No idea why...
I was wondering if anybody had tried one also. They look comfortable, light and reasonably small and I'm sure the noise canceling and overall quality is high. That being said I'd like try one or talk to somebody who has before I pulled the trigger
Quote: I was wondering if anybody had tried one also. They look comfortable, light and reasonably small and I'm sure the noise canceling and overall quality is high. That being said I'd like try one or talk to somebody who has before I pulled the trigger
If you go through a place like Marv Golden (been very happy with them in the past), they should have a 30-day return policy. If you try them and don't like them, you can return them.
Quote: If you go through a place like Marv Golden (been very happy with them in the past), they should have a 30-day return policy. If you try them and don't like them, you can return them.
Cool, thanks
I have a pair of Telex 850s. They've been ok on the big Boeings and no battery pack. But thinking of getting a Pro X (the 850s do not take a beating very well). I too would love to hear some first hand reviews. The battery pack might seem to be a pain compared to no batteries.
I played with a pair at Oshkosh this year. My first instinct was that I liked the feel, weight etc. they come in pretty light like the telex. The rep said they are made of magnesium so more rugged than telex. Added Bluetooth if you are into rocking out incognito or watching flicks on the iPad.

They fit well but...... Do I wanna be rocking the dc greens again?? I don't remember if the mic reversed for left vs right. They do wear light though. Ugh.....
Also forgot to add, the anr was solid. In a convention setting at Osh with optimizers to the left, shamwow booths and underwire calandar girls to the right, they were quiet. Choice spot on the booth mr. Clark. Peace and quiet next to the pinnup girls was worth the try out. In the end I didn't buy because it was a want vs. need, but they were nice for the price point.
Clarity Aloft Pros are the way to go.
I have the David Clark DC Pro (active noise canceling) headset. I like it. The DC Pro was cheap (about 600 bucks), comfortable, light. I haven't used the headset yet in the C172, so I don't know how well it works in a GA environment. I will try post when I do get the chance to use the DCPro in anything a high noise, General Aviation environment. The DC Pro is also pretty compact, which is great. The battery life is decent..I'd estimate about 50 hours on two double As in a jet cockpit environment.

Cheers! Ask questions or PM if you'd like.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to