SkyWest Offer.

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and recently interviewed with SkyWest and was offered a CRJ Class, however I decided to take a contract pilot position instead with a 12 months long contract flying Citation V at home airport. My question is if anyone had ever turned down a SkyWest Class with advance notice and been able to re-apply at a later date.
My goal was to always work at SkyWest Airlines but this contract pilot offer was a decision made for my family and will allow me to be home with my wife and newborn.
5500TT
4300ME
4000JET
1300JETPIC
Types: EMB145, CL65, CE560
All Flight time part 91.
SkyWest Offer.
With those times, why aren't you applying to Majors or LCC's?
None of those other places will even look at my app because I only have a GED as highest level of education.
Even though I have a flawless FAA and Training record, I already gave up on the idea of Major, or LCC.
SkyWest Offer.
I wouldn't give up man. Network like crazy and get to some job fairs. Getting face time with recruiters and letting them see why you should get a shot goes a really long way.
SkyWest Offer.
I wouldn't give up either .... Plenty of people who chased it got to a great airline without a degree.... Sure maybe it wasn't delta but there are plenty of others to choose ....
Quote: None of those other places will even look at my app because I only have a GED as highest level of education.
Even though I have a flawless FAA and Training record, I already gave up on the idea of Major, or LCC.
Won't spirit, virgin America, or JetBlue give you a shot?
Do they req a degree?
They don't require it however my application sits at the bottom of the pile. Been applying everywhere for last 2 years and not one call. Regional however calling everyday on the other hand.
My question is, if I turn down Skywest after I have already got an offer for Feb 24th class, will I be able to reapply in 12 month?
Thanks.
SkyWest Offer.
did you ask the question to skywest? i am serious, they may be annoyed by the fact that you are turning it down, but they hild the best answer to that question.

with recent orders i dont thinknyou will have a hard time finding a place to apply in a year. on the other hand, if you were serious about airline job, id bite the bullet and go with skywest offer. remember, when the contract job ends, you will still have to go to the bottim of the list and suffer the first year pay.

that one year of difference can make dramatic difference
Quote: did you ask the question to skywest? i am serious, they may be annoyed by the fact that you are turning it down, but they hild the best answer to that question.

with recent orders i dont thinknyou will have a hard time finding a place to apply in a year. on the other hand, if you were serious about airline job, id bite the bullet and go with skywest offer. remember, when the contract job ends, you will still have to go to the bottim of the list and suffer the first year pay.

that one year of difference can make dramatic difference

One year difference for me at Skw was the difference between a 9 month upgrade and a 6 yr upgrade.
You'll have no problem getting on with Skywest whenever you want.

I would keep applying to the majors/lccs though,and perhaps look into getting your degree online.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to