Skywest gets pay raise without ALPA

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Just thought I'd point out that Skywest just negotiated a pay raise, and there are no signs they'll be losing out on any of their 76-seat feed or EJet orders as a consequence.

Contrast that with Endeavor/Pinnacle, PSA, and add to that list Eagle--all ALPA represented regionals--all of which have taken huge paycuts just to maintain their existing flying (or marginally increase it).

Statistically speaking, if you are a regional airline pilot, it's becoming very difficult to argue that ALPA representation provides a substantive benefit to regional members. While correlation is not causation, I would argue that ALPA representation negatively affects regional airline pilots by placing them under the same umbrella as mainline MECs/national leadership, whose interests often run counter to the career interests of regional pilots.

Just two cents I figured I'd throw out there for discussion/consideration.
great, just another thing to make skywest pilots heads and ego's that much bigger.

They can barely fit through the cockpit doors now.
Its also worth throwing out there for discussion/consideration that Skywest Inc. hasn't been in bankruptcy like Pinnacle and Eagle were when they took concessions.

PSA and the current Eagle TA, even the ASA/XJT TA? That's a different story altogether and fits your narrative much better.
Psa didn't take a HUGE pay cut. They took a pay cap 12capt/4Fo with a $1 a hour raise when the 30 CRJ's are delivered. 30 CRJ's which isn't a "marginal" increase. It's a 60% increase in fleet size. This was a **** deal but if your going to call us out for voting in this crap please at least have your facts strait.
1 year duration. I expect Chip won't be so "generous" next year after the dust settles at ExpressJet. I wouldn't put that pool in just yet.
Just for clarification, only about 4-500 out of 3260 pilots are getting a raise. For the other 2800 pilots, were getting around $300-400 for uniforms, medicals, and per diem. It won't even cover the increased cost of health insurance this year.
It's called WHIPSAW. Skywest gets a raise just as ExpressJet is asked to take concessions. Skywest pilots are pawns just as much as XE pilots.
Quote: great, just another thing to make skywest pilots heads and ego's that much bigger.

They can barely fit through the cockpit doors now.
I know my head has gotten so big I'm now having a hard time pulling my commando sweater on

#skywestpilotproblems
There is nothing to envy in the Skywest deal.

The crap XJT TA that is going back to the drawing board in 2 days is better than it (and like I said, it's crap). We were offered uniform increase too. They have to because they know if they take away pay no pilot is going to spend a nickle of his own money on uniforms and they can't have us looking like homeless people if they want to keep up the charade.
Quote: It's called WHIPSAW. Skywest gets a raise just as ExpressJet is asked to take concessions. Skywest pilots are pawns just as much as XE pilots.
We get a minimal raise which doesn't even keep up with inflation while XJT takes concessions. The timing of it was probably planned in a way to keep the pilot groups fighting. Management loves it when the pilots hate each other. It diverts attention away from them.

By the looks of some of the posts on this forum they got exactly what they wanted. Everyone is jumping aboard the Skywest pilot hate train.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to