Getting hired at UPS = 10 million dollar career

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: I was making $18/hr ten years ago in KS.

As an idependent contractor or at a flight school? I was making $25 (independent) 8 years ago, but the guys a the 141/pilot factory places were making 8-10.
Quote: That cannot possibly be, unless you were hired as a captain there and fly the entire 30 years left seat!
Hogwash! We have guys right now in the training department, making 400K a year, and they have been making that for some time now. Seeing as how those guys usually stay there, or migrate to other "management type" jobs, I don't see why the $10 Mill is unattainable. Not for all, but certainly for those who choose to not fly for a living. Of course that's predicated on the airline continuing to grow over time, but does not take into account any pay raises, which of course would benefit everyone, even the lowly line slugs.
Wow, $400,000? How is that possible without per diem, international pay, etc.?
I don't think that they are making that at UPS
Quote: Wow, $400,000? How is that possible without per diem, international pay, etc.?
It's called working OT for 150% pay....

Past....
Stuff
400K my a$$. Even before our contract got signed at UPS, the top earners were at around 330K...or as they called it, the 325K club. Open time, sign me up! Or so they said.

Now, if you are talking managers with stock options, that is a different story. But the way managers have to sell their soul to the Brown Devil, they earn every penny of it. They can have their 400K.

AI
Seen this yet?
http://www.astarlabortalks.com/
Quote: But the way managers have to sell their soul to the Brown Devil, they earn every penny of it. They can have their 400K.

AI
No kidding
Sorry dudes, but it's true. I know a couple of guys who are flex instructors who live in MEM who made > 400k last year. They do a ton of extra sim support, all at 150% draft and sometimes at 200%. Sometimes these guys do 2 or even 3 sim sessions per day, mostly at the 150% rate.
Both of the guys I know instruct in the 727, but are passover paid for widebody capt.
They work on avg 26-28 days per month. But remember, they live in MEM, so they are home pretty much every day, other than offsite training. And being that they are instructors, they only fly the 1 trip (usually an out-and-back) per month.
Dude! Working 28 days a month (home at night or not) is just nuts. Do they really need the Porshe? How many ex-wives? Craziness I say!
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to