Getting hired at UPS = 10 million dollar career

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
At the Air Inc. conference, it was mentioned that a 30 year career at UPS is worth $10 million. Daaaang! Just waiting on a call to come in and interview
????
I don't know....I was told by a flight school recruiter that any pilot job with an airline is a 3 million dollar career. Then I found out the hard facts that first year FO's were making about 20,000 a year and pilots for the majors were taking big pay cuts.
Quote: At the Air Inc. conference, it was mentioned that a 30 year career at UPS is worth $10 million. Daaaang! Just waiting on a call to come in and interview
That cannot possibly be, unless you were hired as a captain there and fly the entire 30 years left seat!
if he is adding career earnings and retirement it is doable...
He was talking total package (pardon the pun):
Pay
Retirement
Health Care
Per-diem
etc
etc
etc
Quote: He was talking total package (pardon the pun):
Pay
Retirement
Health Care
Per-diem
etc
etc
etc
Yeah they add it all in, come up with something rosey. Not that I am putting it down, I think its good information. Yeah FO's at regionals make squat, nobody starts in the top 3rd of the payscale. Ask a Doctor how long it takes to make any real money. Want real money fast learn how to sell cars.

I love how some guys get out of flight school with 250 hours of flight time and figure they are owed a Jet Seat that pays 45K with 22 days off. What happend to just being glad you didn't have to sit in a 152 for 13 bucks an hour hoping the little bastard in the left seat wasn't going to try and kill you, again.

Don't get me wrong first officer pay is a joke, $20 bucks an hour sounds good to the outsider until he finds out its only with 9.50 in the real world. We should all be fighting for a minimum of $30/yr straight across the board. 1st year anywhere.
Quote: Yeah they add it all in, come up with something rosey. Not that I am putting it down, I think its good information. Yeah FO's at regionals make squat, nobody starts in the top 3rd of the payscale. Ask a Doctor how long it takes to make any real money. Want real money fast learn how to sell cars.

I love how some guys get out of flight school with 250 hours of flight time and figure they are owed a Jet Seat that pays 45K with 22 days off. What happend to just being glad you didn't have to sit in a 152 for 13 bucks an hour hoping the little bastard in the left seat wasn't going to try and kill you, again.

Don't get me wrong first officer pay is a joke, $20 bucks an hour sounds good to the outsider until he finds out its only with 9.50 in the real world. We should all be fighting for a minimum of $30/yr straight across the board. 1st year anywhere.
The right seat of a 152 is $13 an hour? Wasn't long ago when it was $8.
I believe that AIR Inc uses career earnings plus retirement earnings in its computations.
I went to one of these heists. Outside of the "Job Fair", it is a marketing exercise. They will tell you anything, even the Eagle guy said during his presentation they want it to feel like "your" company!!

Quote: The right seat of a 152 is $13 an hour? Wasn't long ago when it was $8.
I was making $18/hr ten years ago in KS.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to