electronic logbooks, are they good?

Subscribe
Hi everyone,

I am using logbookpro and I am thinking about stopping filling my jeppesen professional logbook, and just inputting every flight I do on logbook pro. I will print the electronic logbook and add it to my physical logbook making sure it fits.

My question is. If I interview for the majors in the future, do they prefer to see the old fashion logbook. Or it is ok the way I am thinking about logging my times?

Thank you
I don't know about interviewing, but I'll share my views on Logbook pro.

I purchased it. I only have 600 hours but have flown a variety of aircraft and it has been a valuable tool when I've needed to break down flight time by type, a/c configuration or break down my flight time over any given period. I'm keeping both paper and electronic logbooks so I have a backup and can double check that everything adds up right.
I purchased Logbook Pro nearly 4 years ago. As a military guy preparing to transition to the civilian world it has been a very useful tool. The PDA interface is very user friendly. As a few of the replies have said, Logbook Pro provides non-annoying newsletters and updates to its software. The initial price is painful, but like most things you get what you pay for. Highly recommended!

Safe flying
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Safelog/

Free trial available. Everytime you open the program a check is run to see if you have the current version and then asks if you want to update. You can log stud/PIC/SIC/instructor/evaluator/cc/day and night landings and takeoffs/precision and non-precision/has a comments section/an emergency section/a pictures section. They are working on making it exportable to the web so you can get to your book anywhere. There are numerous reports you can run, so you can easily answer the application questions of number of hours in last 6/12 months and in each plane. There is an extensive worldwide database of airports. You can create databases for the planes you fly and the equipment on them. I think you can export to a PDA. I will be using my e-book for interviews. I have 13 pages of neat, easy to read numbers vs two ugly books with **** poor handwriting. Check out there free trial version.

You would think I work for these guys, but I don't. I am just impressed with what they offer.
Stopped using the paper logbook about 5 years ago. When I went for my major airline interview, I printed my entire log using the "Jepp style." I signed all the pages with a pen, then I had Kinko's bind it with a fancy cover. It made 2 books total. The interviewers seemed impressed. And I got the job.
Logbook is great. I love this program, I just wanst sure if it would be a problem. but it seems like is actualy a positive way to present flying experience.

thank you all for your time.
Purple Nugget,

When you had your electronic logbook bound how did you include any endorsements that you had ie; high altitude. Did you bring your old logbooks with you?

I have all my time in an electronic logbook, but my endorsements are in my other one wich I stopped keeping time in like 2 years ago. Just looking for a solution to this. Would hate to have a nice printed and bound electronic version then have to take my old crappy one too. Kinda defeats the purpose. Thanks for any replies.