Introducing the Sky Whale

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
And you thought the Airbus A380 was ugly...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Sky Whale'...

(L. Ma, CNN Online, 01/22/2014) Spanish designer and aviation enthusiast Oscar Viñals has released a plane design that he says would revolutionize green air travel. Up to 755 passengers could be accommodated, across three decks, each for a different "class" of traveler. Spanish designer and aviation enthusiast Oscar Viñals has released a plane design that he says would revolutionize green air travel. Up to 755 passengers could be accommodated, across three decks, each for a different "class" of traveler.

• Passengers will have virtual reality "windows" to view whatever they want.
• Rotatable engines will allow the Sky Whale to take off vertically.
• Viñals designed the aircraft to have self-repairing wings.
• [See] inside the world's strangest-looking airplane [link].

Give a designer and aviation geek some time and a pencil, and you might just get something great. At the very least you'll get something spectacular. Oscar Viñals, a Spanish designer and aviation enthusiast, has released details, and incredible pictures, of what he is calling the "greenest aircraft imaginable." Equipped with self-repairing wings, large windows, a vertical takeoff ability and room for 755 passengers, the "AWWA Sky Whale" joins several other outlandish proposals for future aircraft that have cropped up in the last couple of years. Airbus predicted we'd be flying in transparent planes by 2050, while pilotless planes and space flight have also been forecast. Viñals' design uses hybrid engine technology and "active wings," among other things, to create a plane that, should it ever get built, will not only look great but will be one of the safest and most efficient planes in the sky...
Vertical takeoff for a load that large is absurd.
Physics. The designer lacks in his understanding of it.
It looks like a giant computer mouse.
Quote: Physics. The designer lacks in his understanding of it.
You are the master of understatement.
How long is the upgrade?
Self repairing wings? Since when did metal, carbon fiber, composites or any other structure worthy material become living and health regenerating... This also begs the question, How often are they getting damaged? And why on earth are you flying through such an environment?
A giant solar powered diaphragm
Introducing the Sky Whale
They should post my aircraft design.. I'm a "designer" and "aviation enthusiast". Plus, my design has three buttons in the cockpit. Takeoff, Fly, and Land - to verify the publics ideology of what pilots do.
Quote: Physics. The designer lacks in his understanding of it.
That gravity thing is a Beoch!

I hate gravity!

Gravity always gets me down!

Damn you Gravity!

Oh, and with 750 passengers, how long is the line for the lav?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to