Save the Hawg

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: Making a law to save the A10? That's BIG sh!t!
And also completely typical of our moronic elected officials. It's up there with forcing the Air Force to buy planes it does not want or need. I won't take a side on whether we should keep the A-10 or not, I don't know enough about CAS to say. But, when politicians begin to decide what the military does and doesn't need, no good can come of it. We cannot afford everything that each individual congressman wants for their constituents. No wonder we're 17 trillion in debt and going deeper.
Quote: And also completely typical of our moronic elected officials. It's up there with forcing the Air Force to buy planes it does not want or need. I won't take a side on whether we should keep the A-10 or not, I don't know enough about CAS to say. But, when politicians begin to decide what the military does and doesn't need, no good can come of it. We cannot afford everything that each individual congressman wants for their constituents. No wonder we're 17 trillion in debt and going deeper.
I agree. They should stop d!ck'n around with the F-35
Quote: I flew the A-10 for 12 years and spent 3 on the ground with the Army as an ALO/JTAC. It is unfortunate for the ground pounders that this jet is going away. This isn't about saving money. It's about saving lives. There is nothing out there that can even compare to the amount of destruction, accuracy and flexibility that the A-10 can provide. Retire the A-10, fine but lets redesign it and help out our bros on the ground. What the brass fails to see is the AF is a support agency. We support the troops on the ground at all levels. You can't do that with a F-35 with no gun (150 rds of 20 MM) and a few bombs with no loiter time.
'Like'
+1
Whatever, but he is dead-b@lls on.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to