Atp Acpp!

Subscribe
Hi, after doing some research, I've decided to go to ATP, the reason being you get your CFI ratings, so even if you don't get hired, you can instruct and build hours. The second reason is their 90 day program at Menessa, VA is only about an hour away from my home. The one thing that bothers me is that do they make you attend phone calls, or do you actually get do the CFI job?
hey longbow64. when r u starting your training? r u starting with zero hrs or do you have some ratings already?
I plan to get my PPL before going to ATP
Hey im starting the acpp in Jan. As for your cfi question...when you get hired you get sent out to jax (HQ) to get your indoc training done. Yes you do get put on the phones but that is only until your location that you requested opens up. Also, you dont stay inside all day though, you will have the oppurtunity to start instructing when you are there. You get to play secretary for a few hours then go outside and have fun playing in a plane. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Quote: Menessa, VA
Is that the same city as Manassas?
Quote: Hi, after doing some research, I've decided to go to ATP, the reason being you get your CFI ratings, so even if you don't get hired, you can instruct and build hours. The second reason is their 90 day program at Menessa, VA is only about an hour away from my home. The one thing that bothers me is that do they make you attend phone calls, or do you actually get do the CFI job?
Good for you...

-LAFF
Quote: Is that the same city as Manassas?
Yeah, that's what I ment!
Quote: Good for you...

-LAFF
Did you go through ATP, how was it?
I went through ATP and loved it, no question. I noticed in your post that you are choosing Manassas because it is close to home. That may be convenient for more than one reason, however, I would advise you to think about switching to pretty much any other location. Part of the programs success hinges on the idea that you are always at or near the airport and that your life is essentially devoid of any other outside influences and distractions.