Notices
Safety Accidents, suggestions on improving safety, etc

Malaysian 777 missing

Old 03-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by ATCBob View Post
Maybe they planned to land it in a country without a government, such as Somalia? If it's true the aircraft took a hard left back over Malaysia, the course looks like it was headed straight toward... Somalia. (dun dun DUN!)
Considering the FOB, there's a big difference between making a hard left and heading toward Somalia and actually getting there.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: French American

The rapid decompression is starting to actually make more sense. Possibly knocked out the transponders, pilots notice too late for oxygen, make a turn toward the only direction the airplane would be guaranteed over water when the fuel eventually runs dry.

I'm disgusted to see all the news reports and internet posts suggesting the pilots had a sinister plan. I like to think anyone trusted to fly pax is also going to be fighting the airplane until the end, unless proven otherwise. Just my .02¢.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Pilot
Default Malaysian 777 missing

Perfect Example of American media, an Airbus 320 blew a tire on takeoff and had an abort full evacuation and Americans hurt and injured but yet the news can not stop talking about the damn Malaysian flight, because its a mystery oooooo America wants to be part of it but yet in their backyard in Philadelphia something happened and not a single report. Anderson copper and all the CNN reports can... Well you guys know the rest
Old 03-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by savall View Post
The rapid decompression is starting to actually make more sense. Possibly knocked out the transponders, pilots notice too late for oxygen, make a turn toward the only direction the airplane would be guaranteed over water when the fuel eventually runs dry.
It may end up being explained by this. An interesting list of incidents is here, beginning with some of the infamous Comet failures. Obviously most people know about the more recent Helios incident.

Uncontrolled decompression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-13-2014, 05:04 PM
...Whatever It Is!

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
Has anyone proposed the theory of rapid decompression which disabled the crew and the aircraft stayed on autopilot after crew initiated an off course deviation?
around our kitchen table we did!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:06 PM
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by evamodel00 View Post
100% agree with you. When I studied abroad in Japan, that was the real eye-opener. I stopped listening to American news after that.

When the earthquake happened in March I would watch japanese news stations/NHK reporting on the event, but then I would call my parents and hear a completely different story that was being told on the American news.

Not to mention, the Sum Ting Wong incident just further exemplified it...
Very good point, but expand that to ALL news around the world, they all have their slant and the MSM in all countries is FOS.
How did Japan report their recent nuclear incident?
Well, let us just say many facts were excluded.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by jungle View Post
Very good point, but expand that to ALL news around the world, they all have their slant and the MSM in all countries is FOS.
How did Japan report their recent nuclear incident?
Well, let us just say many facts were excluded.
well and at that point i don't know who to believe. i really wouldn't put my money on any one at that point.

I sware to god I had a news channel in America telling California radiation is going to take them over from across the ocean, and one channel telling me the radiation leaked was that of a banana.

Maybe my new strategy will just be believing wherever the median is.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: CRJ 200

if they were hijacked why didn't anyone use there cells??
Old 03-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Right for a long time

As this saga/tragedy unfolds we are being negatively represented by so-called "experts". Today, Michael Savage had an expert on...she was a 32-year flight attendant with Pan Am. She mentioned that the media was reporting that the #370 Captain had an "assimilator" at his house. She said she has never heard of an airline pilot owning an "assimilator" before. She derived that if the FBI looked into his "assimilator" they would find evidence of him training/preparing for his day of glory. I guess all the real experts were already booked at Fox and CNN..oh wait they were also embarrassing in their assessments.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Pilot

Originally Posted by VSTOLG4 View Post
As this saga/tragedy unfolds we are being negatively represented by so-called "experts". Today, Michael Savage had an expert on...she was a 32-year flight attendant with Pan Am. She mentioned that the media was reporting that the #370 Captain had an "assimilator" at his house. She said she has never heard of an airline pilot owning an "assimilator" before. She derived that if the FBI looked into his "assimilator" they would find evidence of him training/preparing for his day of glory. I guess all the real experts were already booked at Fox and CNN..oh wait they were also embarrassing in their assessments.
No one ever claimed her to be an "expert", just an idiot that called in with a stupid opinion. It was a funny conversation.