Need CRJ200 crews, Afghanistan

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to
Quote: live behind armed walls. 21 days on and 10 days off with the opportunity to see the World sounds a whole lot better that a Stateside regional.
No effin way is living under constant fear of danger better than a regional. I had a friend do one of these contract jobs in Yemen a few years ago. It was a complete screw job. They promised in a signed contract X amount of $$ and X amount of days off. What he actually got was waaay less $$ than agreed upon and absolutely screwed on his days off. He ended getting stuck there for 6 months straight before he ended up quitting and buying his own ticket home.

This job sounds eerily similar. Buyer beware. These so called contract jobs to start up airlines in 3rd world countries are extremely shady at best.
[QUOTE=robthree;1598585]
Quote:
Have you ever been to the Middle East? Have you ever been off 'the Island of America'? Do you even own a passport?

Accommodations in a secured, armed compound would be a prerequisite for any job in Afghanistan. And most other places at that latitude west of Bangladesh. 21 days on is not a deal breaker. Most Asian commuting contracts are longer. 10 days off could be. How much paid leave is there in addition to the 10 unpaid days a month? Are tickets provided for days off? Business or better? Worldwide?

What is the pay? "commensurate with qualifications" is fine for an East Asian contract. For West Asia it had better be ridiculous. That $400,000 figure is damn close. Flying the Hajj, based in JED, they were paying $15k/$9k a month. And the risk factor/comfort level ratio in Jeddah is considerably better than in Kabul.

^^^^^^This and don't worry after a few weeks you get used to the rockets hitting the compound. Hey, and there is an awesome Thai restaurant at the ISAF base at Kabul Airport.
[QUOTE=WARich;1598610]
Quote:

^^^^^^This and don't worry after a few weeks you get used to the rockets hitting the compound. Hey, and there is an awesome Thai restaurant at the ISAF base at Kabul Airport.
The spring rolls are bomb diggity!!!
Flak jacket and sidearm standard issue or bring you own?
Quote: Flak jacket and sidearm standard issue or bring you own?
Ha! Exactly what I was thinking... bring your own MWS and flare pod as well?

Seriously though, I would highly advise those who are actually considering this to do their research. If you are not former military and haven't seen the wonders Afghanistan has to offer, I reiterate to take a good look at this. The secured compound sounds nice and all, but ISAF contractors are still being hit with IED's while enroute between the airport and said compounds in Kabul. Not to mention, who will be the armed personnel guarding this compound? The ANP or third party group? If it's the ANP, I'd google "green on blue attack" for those not in the know....
Quote: Ha! Exactly what I was thinking... bring your own MWS and flare pod as well?

Seriously though, I would highly advise those who are actually considering this to do their research. If you are not former military and haven't seen the wonders Afghanistan has to offer, I reiterate to take a good look at this. The secured compound sounds nice and all, but ISAF contractors are still being hit with IED's while enroute between the airport and said compounds in Kabul. Not to mention, who will be the armed personnel guarding this compound? The ANP or third party group? If it's the ANP, I'd google "green on blue attack" for those not in the know....

100% agree.
Quote: Ha! ... The secured compound sounds nice and all, but ISAF contractors are still being hit with IED's while enroute between the airport and said compounds in Kabul. Not to mention, who will be the armed personnel guarding this compound? The ANP or third party group? If it's the ANP, I'd google "green on blue attack" for those not in the know....
Double bonus if you can do your own Route Clearence.
[QUOTE=robthree;1598585]
Quote:
Have you ever been to the Middle East? Have you ever been off 'the Island of America'? Do you even own a passport?

Accommodations in a secured, armed compound would be a prerequisite for any job in Afghanistan. And most other places at that latitude west of Bangladesh. 21 days on is not a deal breaker. Most Asian commuting contracts are longer. 10 days off could be. How much paid leave is there in addition to the 10 unpaid days a month? Are tickets provided for days off? Business or better? Worldwide?

What is the pay? "commensurate with qualifications" is fine for an East Asian contract. For West Asia it had better be ridiculous. That $400,000 figure is damn close. Flying the Hajj, based in JED, they were paying $15k/$9k a month. And the risk factor/comfort level ratio in Jeddah is considerably better than in Kabul.
I wasnt saying it was actually dangerous or not nice. Just the way its worded makes it sound like its bad. For someone who hasnt seen one of these armed compounds, its sounds like a prison. haha Thank you for clarifying that it is not.
And yes I own a passport, and yes I have been off the cont. US. Thanks for checking.
Anyone who is going to go to the Stan to fly an RJ for a Mideast operator must be smoking crack. I have not flown over there in a few years, but don't expecting anything in the form of infrastructure. ATC...yeah right. Radios....again yeah right, have fun with them getting jammed for 2/3 of your flight. Then the Russians come blasting through the airspace not talking to anyone and fly wherever they want at whatever altitude they want. BTW, their IL-XX don't have TCAS.

It truly is/was the Wild West of flying.

So yeah, have fun with that....
Quote: Anyone who is going to go to the Stan to fly an RJ for a Mideast operator must be smoking crack. I have not flown over there in a few years, but don't expecting anything in the form of infrastructure. ATC...yeah right. Radios....again yeah right, have fun with them getting jammed for 2/3 of your flight. Then the Russians come blasting through the airspace not talking to anyone and fly wherever they want at whatever altitude they want. BTW, their IL-XX don't have TCAS.

It truly is/was the Wild West of flying.

So yeah, have fun with that....
Must have been awhile since you were there. ATC is almost all US, Italians at Herat and Germans at Mazar. Airways flying with vectors to the ILS is the norm. You gotta know where the hills are, other than that its not a real demanding environment to fly in.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to