Any "Latest & Greatest" about JetBlue.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Lots of hiring JetBlue threads, but I thought I would try to start one that talks about after the hiring. So my first question is any updates on how long you can expect to be on reserve? What's the latest with Alpa?
ALPA vote starts on the 25th. Personal feeling is that it's still going to be close, but it'll likely pass.

Reserve really depends on the base and aircraft. If you get the A320 FLL or LGB, probably a while (assuming guys are still getting FLL and LGB out of training). JFK and BOS not as long. 6 months to a year is what I was hearing last. E190 is still your fastest ticket off reserve, but a lot will depend on what the classes look like coming in behind you.

SOMETHING is going on with international (ie Lima/Colombia/Costa Rica) flying, but it sounds like it's more of a change in training and currency issues than anything. They haven't said yet, but that's why the latest system bid is kinda odd. They've already said there's a supplemental bid coming after that.
Quote: ALPA vote starts on the 25th. Personal feeling is that it's still going to be close, but it'll likely pass.

Reserve really depends on the base and aircraft. If you get the A320 FLL or LGB, probably a while (assuming guys are still getting FLL and LGB out of training). JFK and BOS not as long. 6 months to a year is what I was hearing last. E190 is still your fastest ticket off reserve, but a lot will depend on what the classes look like coming in behind you.

SOMETHING is going on with international (ie Lima/Colombia/Costa Rica) flying, but it sounds like it's more of a change in training and currency issues than anything. They haven't said yet, but that's why the latest system bid is kinda odd. They've already said there's a supplemental bid coming after that.
Anyone have any additional information on this?
Quote: Anyone have any additional information on this?
Not really, we will hear from management in April with the details. I suspect it is just creating a new bid class for International and Domestic flying similar to other larger airlines. I don't think it will be anything too surprising.
Quote: ALPA vote starts on the 25th. Personal feeling is that it's still going to be close, but it'll likely pass.

If it doesn't pass this group will be used and abused like they've never seen. What's to stop mgmt? The threat of a union? Alpa won't touch this group with 10 foot pole.
Quote: If it doesn't pass this group will be used and abused like they've never seen. What's to stop mgmt? The threat of a union? Alpa won't touch this group with 10 foot pole.
No ALPA would be music to my ears for sure!
Quote: No ALPA would be music to my ears for sure!
You may get your wish. Good luck if you do. The company has steam rolled this group with the threat of a union. If the effort fails this time expect a heavy hand for sure.

Are you a cubicle dweller?
Beyond ignorance, or purely retarded. Maybe not even a pilot.
Quote: Beyond ignorance, or purely retarded. Maybe not even a pilot.
Just remember this is most likely ALPA's last attempt at Courting JB. Vote CBA now or forever be steam rolled!
What part of our current arrangement is acceptable to you? Serious question.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to