Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

One Eagle pilot's prespective.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
Wow. Who is the moderator of this forum? This should be made sticky.
I agree, very powerful letter for ALL 121 pilots to read. Particularly pax 121-regional, LCC, and mainline. I would like to shake this person's hand and buy them their beverage of choice.

I think either way the Eagle/Envoy pilots vote, there will be large industry repercussions.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by Swedish Blender View Post
Thanks.

I assume RK used to be the comm chair? I know him.

Not sure who MA is.
RK is the training chair or what ever. He's flowing soon. MA is a serious a$$ hole APD that if you have a check ride with him, you burn a sick.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I think either way the Eagle/Envoy pilots vote, there will be large industry repercussions.
I do believe you are correct.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
Wow. Who is the moderator of this forum? This should be made sticky.
I concur. Very nicely done.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by RJ Pilot View Post
RK looks like he is flowing next class. Yup, I got my life preserver donned (AA.) You envoy peeps, good luck! Wasn't he a YES hardcore company man on BK TA?
You're actually going to flow? Surprising.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

LOL'd. Not me, Im riding this thing until the end. Im referring to RK hypocrisy.
I don't know him personally, but based on his reputation with people who do, and based on years of reading his posts online, he is about as far from hypocritical as anyone could be. Besides that, your post did not refer to anything specific in his letter. I don't care who wrote it--the points made are valid, and important.

I voted no.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Stick Monkey

excellent post!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2014

RK looks like he is flowing next class. Yup, I got my life preserver donned (AA.) You envoy peeps, good luck! Wasn't he a YES hardcore company man on BK TA?
Without taking sides either way, I do agree it is a bit presumptuous to put out a letter encouraging people to poke management in the eye while waving good-bye. As RJ Pilot said: he has donned the AA life preserver and has nothing to lose if Eagle goes down.

I like Rich, but if memory serves me correctly he was very much a YES voter on most issues right up until he got awarded his flow to AA.

I'm not saying that his letter is right or wrong and he has every right to put it out there as much as Matt Rettig had with his letter.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Skyvector View Post
Without taking sides either way, I do agree it is a bit presumptuous to put out a letter encouraging people to poke management in the eye while waving good-bye. As RJ Pilot said: he has donned the AA life preserver and has nothing to lose if Eagle goes down.

I like Rich, but if memory serves me correctly he was very much a YES voter on most issues right up until he got awarded his flow to AA.

I'm not saying that his letter is right or wrong and he has every right to put it out there as much as Matt Rettig had with his letter.
70% of Eagle pilots voted yes on the bankruptcy deal. I was one of the them. I don't know how RK voted on that, but he has been vocally against the current company proposals since they came in December.

On top of that, who cares who wrote it? Did you read the content? Do you disagree with the content? If so, tell us why. Otherwise, why attack the messenger?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by ORDinary View Post
70% of Eagle pilots voted yes on the bankruptcy deal. I was one of the them. I don't know how RK voted on that, but he has been vocally against the current company proposals since they came in December.

On top of that, who cares who wrote it? Did you read the content? Do you disagree with the content? If so, tell us why. Otherwise, why attack the messenger?
I'm not attacking the messenger and Rich is a good guy.

I'm just pointing out that it is easier to take such a stance when you have nothing to lose. The content of this message aside he never spoke up before in the past like this. It's just interesting timing that he does now with one foot out the door.