Graduating COLLEGEEEEEE!!!! Fly Time :]

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Hey all of you pilots out there! I'm getting really excited to join the "professional" rankings of commercial flying very soon (I'm a Private already @ 116hrs TT). I am graduating from East Carolina University in May with my degrees in Biology and Chemistry. I went to work an internship for two summers in Seattle WA for Boeing and fell in love with airplanes and Flying. Soooo, I am really jumping onboard the flying schedule somewhere probably starting in August. I have been thinking ATP a lotttttt since I want to get in on this "hiring period" after accruing 1500 TT. Just felt like writing this because honestly I'm that excited as the time is getting nearer and nearer to what I have been waiting for so many years.
The Air National Guard. If I could do it over that is where I'd start.
Quote: The Air National Guard. If I could do it over that is where I'd start.
Thanks for the advice, I have considered this option. The ONLY thing I don't like is the fact it would take a considerable amount of time to finally be able to fly with them since I have to wait to finally go to UPT etc...
Quote: Thanks for the advice, I have considered this option. The ONLY thing I don't like is the fact it would take a considerable amount of time to finally be able to fly with them since I have to wait to finally go to UPT etc...
Why rush? You are what? 22? You have 40-50 years of flying ahead of you...
If money isn't the issue go to atp. If you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth go join the military. Flying in the military or flight instructing are probably the most viable options that people take to become professional pilots.
Money isn't a huge problem but I have to consider it of course, having said that yes I can afford ATP and even come out with less than $18,000 in debt. I have been considering the ANG as a supplement to my time building and my interests in joining the military.
ang flying c130
Ang c130 or tanker unit

You'll see the world, log lots of time and deal with a few emergencies. Build connections and time while making good pay and bypass regional step. No brainier!
Right no brainer. It's only 12 years of your life. Or bang atp in 6 months. Your choice. lol
Quote: Right no brainer. It's only 12 years of your life. Or bang atp in 6 months. Your choice. lol
I would not trade the 10 years I flew on active duty for 20+ more years of seniority.
Quote: Right no brainer. It's only 12 years of your life. Or bang atp in 6 months. Your choice. lol
12 years, only 2 full-time - After 3 of which he can get an airline job, possibly direct to a major, with the ultimate furlough protection. Get paid more than a regional guy, with Tricare from day 1, flying a heavy across oceans at year 2, no debt, and GI Bill money for a Masters Degree and ATP.

No brainier.

Tool of the Day
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to