Explaining Involuntary Sep at an Interview

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
How about someone who lost their wings via a FEB? I know someone that this happened to. Is this too big of an obstacle to overcome trying to get on with a major? I know with how picky the majors can be right now I would doubt he would get a call (or maybe never). He is going to the regionals to build more time, just not sure if that is an obstacle that can be overcome these days.
Quote: How about someone who lost their wings via a FEB? I know someone that this happened to. Is this too big of an obstacle to overcome trying to get on with a major? I know with how picky the majors can be right now I would doubt he would get a call (or maybe never). He is going to the regionals to build more time, just not sure if that is an obstacle that can be overcome these days.
I would imagine that losing your wings via FEB would be harder to overcome than multiple DUI's. Not trying to flame anybody..just put it in perspective.
Quote: I would imagine that losing your wings via FEB would be harder to overcome than multiple DUI's. Not trying to flame anybody..just put it in perspective.
Agreed. That being said, I have a friend who was just hired by a major with a FNAEB and gear up landing mishap. Anything can happen. How you tell the story of lessons learned will make the difference in the interview room.
FWIW - I was RIF'd, interviewed with two different airlines. Both asked why I left because it was obvious I was too young to retire. I was honest, brief, and had a canned answer ready. There are only so many questions they are allowed to ask by law, so don't sell the farm but be honest. My 214 says reduction in force...got offer letter from both. As far as waiting...if you wait you are giving up earning potential in your last years where you will theoretically be making the most cash. Depending on airline you can double that in a year, not to mention seniority. Additionally, 9months could mean hundreds of places in seniority at the majors.
Along the same lines. FNAEB (kept flying in the same community but with "extra training") and then several years (and a successful deployment) later Involuntary Separation? Finding some applications ask about Evaluation Boards and some don't.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to