Latest with DAL 737/757/RNAV into JNU

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53 
Page 3 of 63
Go to
JNU will be especially interesting this summer as they are going to close the runway and let us land on the taxiway.
Quote: The 757 can operate anywhere you can get a 737 into and then some. It's a great short field a aircraft especially if you want to haul a lot of weight a long distance off a short runway. It also has a softer footprint then the 737 which can be a issue at smaller fields or LGA!
I've always thought it was a better plane than the 737. I don't know why Boeing stopped making them (757). They just keep candy coating the 737, a 1960's airplane. When DL buys us I'm going to the bus. ;-)
Quote: I've always thought it was a better plane than the 737. I don't know why Boeing stopped making them (757). They just keep candy coating the 737, a 1960's airplane. When DL buys us I'm going to the bus. ;-)
What Boeing did to the 737 reminds me of what Beech did to the Beech 1900(D). Where a clean sheet should have been, there's strakes, vortex generators, pods, etc.

This thing Boeing intends to do with the MAX, increasing nose gear length and bastardize an overworn airframe and cockpit....it has become the laughingstock of the industry.

Quote: The 757 can operate anywhere you can get a 737 into and then some. It's a great short field a aircraft especially if you want to haul a lot of weight a long distance off a short runway. It also has a softer footprint then the 737 which can be a issue at smaller fields or LGA!
Not to mention a cockpit design that was designed for normal size humans unlike the 737.

Scoop - 737 Contortionist
Winglets, tailets, stabilons, and strakes, actually.
And the D model had the desired CG envelope and good speed, without resorting to a SAS.
It's a good plane, but the aesthetics are "love it or hate it," for sure!
Quote: ..it has become the laughingstock of the industry.
An extraordinarily ignorant statement. It's the biggest money making airplane in history. A lot of people are laughing all the way to the bank. Enough said.
deleted....
Quote: I've always thought it was a better plane than the 737. I don't know why Boeing stopped making them (757). They just keep candy coating the 737, a 1960's airplane. When DL buys us I'm going to the bus. ;-)
It is a much better airframe. It also costs way more to produce and has a higher maintenance cost. In addition the required ground support equipment is not compatible with most narrow body support equipment. Boeing quit making it because airlines quit buying it. Delta put out the 737-800 had a 30% cost per seat advantage over the 757.
I really wish I could have flown a Beech 1900D.

Why are we sending the 757 to an MD-88s job?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53 
Page 3 of 63
Go to