The New Norm ??????

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Unmanned makes a lot less sense in civilian aviation. The pilots salary is only a few bucks of the ticket price so not much cost saving available. For the combat aviator, you have an american life at risk. Or the could get shot down, punch, and wind up on an AQ YouTube vid getting their head chopped off game of thrones style. Plus, somehow we get away with murder (pun intended) with drones that wouldn't fly with manned sorties.
That is a pretty heavy statement.
I'm not against killing bad guys with drones. I find it interesting that we can release weapons from drones in countries that we would never do with manned aircraft. I am concerned that using drones and not risking an american could make it to easy to employ lethal military force. There's been some interesting writings on why removing the risk of lives from the war decision equation might not be a good thing.
Quote: I'm not against killing bad guys with drones. I find it interesting that we can release weapons from drones in countries that we would never do with manned aircraft. I am concerned that using drones and not risking an american could make it to easy to employ lethal military force. There's been some interesting writings on why removing the risk of lives from the war decision equation might not be a good thing.
I was commenting more on your use of the word murder when referencing what I asumed were various drone strikes around the world -sometimes causing unintended civilian casualties.
Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots - Washington Times

This seems to apply to the conversation. Will be a long while before the mass public will be convinced to fly on uav's in my opinion
FlyFast, you have no clue what you're talking about. We (the US) do not employ weapons one way or against specific target sets with RPA that we don't with manned assets; any differences are capabilities driven only. ALL US weapons employments are driven by ROE, international and US law, and the operational capability of our weapon systems. Good job parroting the propaganda; it's especially disturbing given your supposed military credentials (if true).
Quote: FlyFast, you have no clue what you're talking about. We (the US) do not employ weapons one way or against specific target sets with RPA that we don't with manned assets; any differences are capabilities driven only. ALL US weapons employments are driven by ROE, international and US law, and the operational capability of our weapon systems. Good job parroting the propaganda; it's especially disturbing given your supposed military credentials (if true).
I'm sure the RQ-170 was required in AFG to defeat Al Qaeda's robust IADS.
Yeah, that was it. If your thinking is that small, good on you; why would I enlighten you or our enemies on a public forum?
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to