Driving to work - comfortable distance?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
I drive 38 miles and enjoy it. The bus ride then train ride sucks but I deal with it. Covered parking would be nice.
I will start an organization to get rid of flight attendants and that will pay for covered parking.
I live in central mass and have to cover JFK, lga, and ewr. The drive to ewr is the longest at 201 miles. Takes 3 hours no traffic. Plus side is any show before 7 am there is little traffic after that it's hit or miss. Would take the same time if not more to head to Boston and fly in. For me it's peace of mind that at the end of my trip I can go home no matter what and use that time to decompress from my trip so when I get home I am relaxed. Having the ability to drive make bidding easier as in commutable trips become fly able as well without having to spend the night in a sausage infested crash pad or shelling out money for a hotel. For a month of driving 4-5 trips my gas bill and tolls equals about 220-250.
Commute 350 miles one way. Sit two weeks. Then 350 back home. Only do it once a month and it takes 5.5 hours. Beats a 2 leg commute on a plane and takes same amount of time. I'm on my time and the company can't see my jumpseat history. Get a Sirius satelite radio for the trip, makes a huge difference.
Quote: Commute 350 miles one way. Sit two weeks. Then 350 back home. Only do it once a month and it takes 5.5 hours. Beats a 2 leg commute on a plane and takes same amount of time. I'm on my time and the company can't see my jumpseat history. Get a Sirius satelite radio for the trip, makes a huge difference.
127 mph is not bad.
With my company, short call means about two hours to the airport. When I'm on reserve, I don't have to drive the whole 3:20 to stand my duty. I only need to drive 1:20, hang out at the local library all day or Priceline a hotel, and drive home.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to