Does flying cargo and the excitement

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Is flying cargo just as fun as flying passenger seems, in the terms of like the whole airport experience and stuff. (I'm no a pilot so I wouldn't know if passenger is fun either, I'm just talking about the excitement and fun you have when regularly traveling)
the good thing about cargo is they dont complain.
The bad thing about airlines is the whining doesn't stop after the engines shut down.
If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone to the UPS interview instead of taking a job at a passenger airline. Flying Part 121 cargo is the best gig in aviation.
It depends on the person. I'd probably be happy at either since much of my enjoyment comes from flying the plane. I've played guitar/bass and have run sound for rather large audiences for many years, so crowd interaction isn't an issue. As a result, a well executed flight with a pile of people witnessing brings another level of enjoyment (as well as dealing with a mob of inconvenienced people effectively).

To each their own!
Cargo doesn't complain. Cargo doesn't get scared. Cargo doesn't mind a 6000' per minute decent. Cargo doesn't take the long way around a storm. Cargo doesn't mind a bumpy ride.
Cargo doesn't require F/A's, which takes us back to Ekupilot's first point.
Quote: Cargo doesn't require F/A's, which takes us back to Ekupilot's first point.
Cargo doesn't whine or require F/A's, but it flies through the wee hours night after night after night, month after month after month.

There is no perfect world, unless you win the power ball and have a good Pre-nupt.
Quote: Is flying cargo just as fun as flying passenger seems, in the terms of like the whole airport experience and stuff. (I'm no a pilot so I wouldn't know if passenger is fun either, I'm just talking about the excitement and fun you have when regularly traveling)
There are airlines that do both. And at such operations the common term for passenger flying is "cargo appreciation flight/trip".
Quote: Cargo doesn't whine or require F/A's, but it flies through the wee hours night after night after night, month after month after month.

There is no perfect world, unless you win the power ball and have a good Pre-nupt.
This

For me though, night freight was the perfect choice. I just got into the wrong employers line. Twice.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to