Army Warrant Officer to ANG/AF Reserves

Subscribe
Hey guys,
I know this has been discussed before in various threads but there has been a lot of hearsay on the topic and not a whole lot of concrete answers. Hopefully someone with some direct knowledge can chime in.

Can an Army rotary-wing aviator make the jump to the Air Force Reserves or Air National Guard if he does not start UPT by his 30th birthday? Could he have his Army wings converted (through an FEB or something of that sort) to AF wings thus eliminating the need for a UPT age waiver?

It's been alluded to before, and I want to arm myself with knowledge before going through the UPT hiring process. I'd be 29.5 by the time I could leave the green machine... it'd be a miracle to complete OTS and start UPT in 6 months.
We sent a warrant officer uh-60 pilot to UPT 2 years ago at age 35, it can be done. If he's on this forum and I'm sure he is, I'll have him PM you, but he's in SERE now hopefully getting smacked around so it may be a while.
Hank,
I, too, hope he's having the time of his life at Camp Slappy as well. Thanks for the response. If you could put me in touch with him, that would be great! It'd solve the enigma of the DoD paperwork shuffle.
With Air Force pilots leaving in droves, any word if the Guard/Reserve is entertaining age waivers or exceptions to policy?
You should be able to go through the Fixed Wing Qual program at Vance AFB. It is about 9 months, and much more laid back than UPT, which is about 12 months.
Quote: You should be able to go through the Fixed Wing Qual program at Vance AFB. It is about 9 months, and much more laid back than UPT, which is about 12 months.
I'm pretty sure that program does not exist any more.

Everyone goes through full UPT.
If they got rid of it, too bad...seemed like a good idea vs. full UPT...
Quote: With Air Force pilots leaving in droves, any word if the Guard/Reserve is entertaining age waivers or exceptions to policy?
Yes they are. Age being waived until about 35 (according to NGB). Don't know about reserve side.