U.S. Company with EU Pilot Domicile?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Pan Am had a Berlin 727 crew base in the olden days...just a fun fact.
Yes, a B727 operation which Delta picked up and ran for a while. It went very senior -- DH over, fly 12 days or so, DH home, and take two weeks off.
Personal experience with a move to Europe great place to work, but I was surprised how quickly your past professional experience will be worth little unless your related to someone in the company or you have been floating in a small circle of very well connected aviation professionals. Personally had to deal with the everything is better in Europe crowd for years, actually got a job and have not seen any professional growth since I moved across. A lot of smoke and mirrors over here. The plus is generally no commuting, good vacation, O.k. 401 retirement. Small amount of Americans flying over on this side most are married to natives, otherwise it's like getting admitted into the wings club as a lifetime member. lifestyle is good, if you make the jump feel free to send me a PM. After seeing how the other half live looking forward to a furture life back were I am the native, if I get the opportunity(which belive it or not) is still more possible in the United States. Good luck I know it's a huge decision.
KLM allowed it from AMS to USA as of a few months ago. One of my non-aviation buddies got the jumpseat and has a bunch of pics as proof...he was rather excited about the whole thing.

His wife was FA on the flight, not sure if this helps
Sorry for the revival, but are there any other companies that are fairly easy commutable from Europe? I am a Citizen of an EU Country (Grew up there and Lived there Majority of my life) but no JAA license (btw any idea if that will ever change? I mean Pilot is Pilot) so commuting to an "N" registered Operator, middle East or whatever Carrier accepts faa certificates is required.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to