Nigeria, Safe? Any one know anything?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
just an FYI but your current life insurance carrier likely does NOT cover you in that area.
Can't be too bad of a place if DAL is still flying into there .
Quote: Can't be too bad of a place if DAL is still flying into there .
And UAL....
They train for it with Newark layovers.
I don't know if it's an urban legend or not, but a Delta pilot told me several FA's and a pilot contracted malaria on a layover somewhere in Africa. One FA died from it and one Delta pilot nearly died from it also. A UAL guy that flys Ghana told me the same. Besides crime, that's another risk of living/flying around that continent.
Quote: I have a job offer in Nigeria for an oil company. Pay is great but i am concerned. Any one with any experience, Constructive suggestions please. Plan is to leave for a Major airline in the US as soon as they offer. Until then finding it hard to live on Food stamps.
They also fly to Moscow and Caracas and Port au Prince and San Pedro Sula. None of which I would ever live in or take a job in.

I don't recommend choosing where to live or where to take a job in based on airline route maps.
Quote: I have a job offer in Nigeria for an oil company. Pay is great but i am concerned. Any one with any experience, Constructive suggestions please. Plan is to leave for a Major airline in the US as soon as they offer. Until then finding it hard to live on Food stamps.
Some good replies came your way and I,ll suggest that you check the State Dept. website for travel warnings in regards to Nigeria and then think real hard about making that transition.
The crews are transported to the hotel in two separate vans with guards armed with AK-47's. They stop for nothing. You do not leave the hotel. One guy walked across the street to buy beer and came back in his underwear. He was lucky. Malaria is also a big concern. I know of one Delta Captain that died and two FO's that barely made it. Not worth the money
Marxist story
Quote: One guy walked across the street to buy beer and came back in his underwear.
One guy woke up, went outside, and shot an elephant in his pajamas.
How it got into his pajamas was never made clear.
Sounds like a lot of hype from people that have never been to Africa.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to