Dear new guy. Please Dont Endeavor

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: Let me guess, you think they should go into IT or (insert cliché career field here). I want to be a pilot and I joined the industry knowing full well the risks. If anything, the airline industry is the second most recession survivable aviation job behind cargo. Corporate, private, and fractional are far more volatile.
I think you missed the point. The OP is saying "don't go to Endeavor" NOT "don't be a pilot" or "don't got to a regional"....
Quote: I think you missed the point. The OP is saying "don't go to Endeavor" NOT "don't be a pilot" or "don't got to a regional"....

Actually, I read it as he's only saying don't fall for the ETD carrot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dont go to a place that has a quick upgrade!! once economy crashes again as the cycle is due shortly all upgrades stop!! Go where best QOL and best pay is. Always plan for the worst and hope for the best. Plan on being stuck somewhere for many years(worst case senario).
Quote: Dont go to a place that has a quick upgrade!! once economy crashes again as the cycle is due shortly all upgrades stop!! Go where best QOL and best pay is. Always plan for the worst and hope for the best. Plan on being stuck somewhere for many years(worst case senario).
More like normal case scenario.
ACA (Atlantic Coast Airlines for the youngsters) had the best contract and conditions (for a regional) in 2000. And for me a two year upgrade in the CRJ200. Most of us know how that turned out. What's best now is a dice roll in the future. That being said, my lot is currently cast with Envoy...
Quote: Classes totaling 50-60 planned for july!
If possible, please report back to the group on whether the class was filled and whereabouts pilots are coming from. This should serve as a bellwether for the real hiring situation in the regionals right now.
The problem with Endeavor now, is that every month it seems there is another concessionary LOA to keep this place running. I hear on the line all the time that this place needs to stay open long enough so people can get out of here. The bankruptcy was clearly not the end of concessions here.

The SSP, and EtD has obviously made that much worse, it's perpetual probation for anyone who wants to participate in those programs. I have already ran into a pilot who was clearly sick as a dog, however, refused to call in sick because his SSP interview was coming up. This is what this operation has become.
Quote: More like normal case scenario.
Totally agree!!!
Some of the best guys I know are at Endeavor Air. I pray each if them gets a lucrative career at Delta Air Lines.
Quote: Some of the best guys I know are at Endeavor Air. I pray each if them gets a lucrative career at Delta Air Lines.
I dont wish bad on anyone.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to