Awesome AA (ex-TWA) MD80 Captain today!

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I'm a 17 yr UAL guy whose been commuting from DFW-IAH for the last year or so. It can be a tough commute, especially on days like today with heavy rain and thunderstorms at DFW and IAH. On my commute today on AA I introduced myself to the Captain at the gate and he advised me that the flight was being weight restricted due to landing weight but to stick around because he didn't think it would be a factor. With over 50 standbys, an AA guy already listed, and the flight already delayed an hour due to a late inbound I didn't hold out much hope. At departure time the agents closed the door and told me the flight was weight restricted. And then it happened....The Captain walked up the Jetway to the podium, told me not to leave, called load planning and waited on hold for several minutes. He then advised the agent that the weight restriction had been removed and that I would occupy the jump seat. I have had many good experiences commuting out of DFW on AA over the last 20 years but this one was priceless. What a class act! Thank you AA!....I owe you one.
Where's the like button when you need it. Great story.
Good to see the rebel forces are bolstered by the TWA influence (real Captains who run the show)

Glad to hear I'm not alone.
As a commuter I love these stories.
Good story. I hope the guy I chased down the terminal to get him on after they had closed the flight and pulled the bridge remembers me too!
I had a similar experience recently. The flight was also weight restricted. The captain counted the kids, called dispatch and got me on. It is truly fantastic when people go above and beyond.
Awesome.......
That's just good karma right there, that's what that is. Great story, even better Cap'n.
nice!! , kids , midgets , half catering , taxi fuel, putting him in the bathroom locked like a Southwest captain told me years back. what ever it takes to get that guy to work or home to his family. Been in both side if the fence many times...
Stories like these give a small glimmer of hope for humanity. Kinda related, but personally any chance I get to take the jump seat and can give a nonrev a spot I try to do it. Makes me feel good and allows them to get home.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to