DEN/PHX base

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
* Any advise which regional to go with if my end goal is to be either DEN or PHX based? Sorry, I know this may open a can of worms... I'm considering Sky West, RAH, Mesa, or anything else that could get me there in reasonable time... I've read the threads and there seems to be a lot of debate over who can expect to hold what where and when and for who. Any newer inside advice would be greatly appreciated!

-A confused corporate pilot
SkyWest has both DEN and PHX hubs, so that seems obvious. They may not be in Phoenix indefinitely, but I hear Denver is relatively junior.

Mesa has Phoenix, and it'll be expanding its operations there. It's currently the most senior base, but that could be changing - or at least becoming easier to hold - following additional US/AmericanUAL flying. Estimates to hold Phoenix range from a few months to a year. Some people have suggested it could be right out of IOE by the end of the year.

Don't know much about Republic's operations.
Republic has Denver on the DH8 but my understanding is it is full with '13 hires so you could be on reserve for a while unless movement picks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: * Any advise which regional to go with if my end goal is to be either DEN or PHX based? Sorry, I know this may open a can of worms... I'm considering Sky West, RAH, Mesa, or anything else that could get me there in reasonable time... I've read the threads and there seems to be a lot of debate over who can expect to hold what where and when and for who. Any newer inside advice would be greatly appreciated!

-A confused corporate pilot
Go to Compass. Unless you want to be a junior FO in DEN/PHX for the next 5 years.

I'll just mention it because it's relevant. New base awards were announced today at Mesa; some guys were awarded Phoenix after just three months.
Didn't Gojet just announce a DEN base? Is that going to go senior? As for Mesa, I've been here just about a year and I'll be PHX based next month. The last standing bid just awarded another 25 pilots into PHX for September.
At Skywest DEN is pretty junior and quick to hold a line (relative to other bases). PHX is senior. The most junior FO in PHX is around 2 years.
DEN/PHX base
If you want DEN, PHX, anything that is easily commutable from PHX, or schedules that are even remotely commutable, RAH should not be anywhere on your RADAR screen. RAH stubbornly and steadfastly refuses to do anything in the western half of the country, and neither the Q or the Q DEN base were in RAH's game plan.

If you'd like to move to Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Pittsburgh, or Newark, then RAH should be at the top of your list.

.....and if anyone is seriously wanting the RAH Newark Shuttle America base, stay right where you are for a bit.
Quote: Didn't Gojet just announce a DEN base? Is that going to go senior?
GoJet did announce a DEN base set to open in Oct. The thinking is that it will be senior but who knows. Even if it is, you would still probably get based there faster then at Skywest.
A new hire at Mesa can hold Phx right out of training.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to