Contact lost with Air Algerie plane MD83

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
(Reuters) - Authorities have lost contact with an Air Algerie flight en route from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso to Algiers with 110 passengers on board, Algeria's APS state news agency and a Spanish airline company said on Thursday.

APS said authorities lost contact with flight AH 5017 an hour after it took off from Burkina Faso.

Spanish private airline company Swiftair confirmed it had no contact with its MD-83 aircraft operated by Air Algerie, which it said was carrying 110 passengers and six crew. An Algieran official had earlier said it was an Airbus A320.

The company said in a notice posted on its website that the aircraft took off from Burkina Faso at 0117 local time and was supposed to land in Algiers at 0510 local time but never reached its destination.

Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso | Reuters
What in the hell is going on lately? It seems to be one airline event after another lately.
Everything happens in threes, guess this is the third!
Third?? In the last year or so... Asiana in SFO, two Malaysian 777s, The crash in Taiwan yesterday, Air Algerie. That's five off the top of my head. Not good.
MH17, Tawaiin crash, Algiers crash. That's three.
No wreckage found, SAR is underway.
Airline says that it went down in Mali but no further details. I'm guessing they're making that conclusion since that's where it disappeared from radar....?

Air Algerie plane with 116 aboard crashes in Mali
Quote: Airline says that it went down in Mali but no further details. I'm guessing they're making that conclusion since that's where it disappeared from radar....?

Air Algerie plane with 116 aboard crashes in Mali
Some articles say it crashed, some say it's missing. So far, no aircraft found. Two missing planes now?! 😳
Quote: Third?? In the last year or so... Asiana in SFO, two Malaysian 777s, The crash in Taiwan yesterday, Air Algerie. That's five off the top of my head. Not good.
Add UPS 1354 August 2013 to that list.
Seems that the aircraft is still missing.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to