El Paso Flight Forced to Land in Midland

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
El Paso Flight Forced to Land in Midland When Pilots ‘Timed Out’
El Paso Flight Forced to Land in Midland When Pilots ?Timed Out? - EverythingLubbock.com

Did they really not know they were timing out, or did they do this just to **** off their company (ExpressJet?)
There are numerous possibilities. They could've been minutes under the LATT at departure, and then wx deviations or an ATC reroute could've increased the enroute time.
Quote: There are numerous possibilities. They could've been minutes under the LATT at departure, and then wx deviations or an ATC reroute could've increased the enroute time.
If you legally took off you can't time out in flight...
Quote: If you legally took off you can't time out in flight...
Exactly. A rather misleading thread title. They diverted for whatever reason and didn't have enough time to continue. No more legal to start, legal to be treated like indentured servants. So many complain about 117. I love the new rules! As a many many year reservist, I'm more rested now than at any other time during the past six years.

nailed it. irresponsible reporting at it's best
Quote: Exactly. A rather misleading thread title. They diverted for whatever reason and didn't have enough time to continue. No more legal to start, legal to be treated like indentured servants. So many complain about 117. I love the new rules! As a many many year reservist, I'm more rested now than at any other time during the past six years.
STRONGLY AGREE. Before 117 I had no clue how tired and fatigued I was flying airplanes around. It's like a whole new world where I come to work, work my trip, and am alert and "with it" even several days in. 117 was a total game-changer for me. I will never go back.

And the above article blows.
Quote: STRONGLY AGREE. Before 117 I had no clue how tired and fatigued I was flying airplanes around. It's like a whole new world where I come to work, work my trip, and am alert and "with it" even several days in. 117 was a total game-changer for me. I will never go back.

And the above article blows.
+1 bazillionty
I remember flying with a CA at 9E (after legally taking off but right up to the limit) who said "remember, we can't go around because we'll be over 16 duty hours then."

Cue a rather confused look from me on that comment.
Looks like it was WX.
ExpressJet (EV) #4281 ? 22-Jul-2014 ? KIAH - KHOB ? FlightAware
True, but if you divert and you're out of time then they're done. Poor explanation on my part.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to