FDX: jumpseating with skiing/climbing gear

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Is it possible to jumpseat internationally with skis, crampons, ice axe, boots, etc...? Just trying to plan ahead for a future trip.

Thanks.
Quote: Is it possible to jumpseat internationally with skis, crampons, ice axe, boots, etc...? Just trying to plan ahead for a future trip.

Thanks.
Check your PMs.
fbh
Last time they took a jumpseater with a speargun it didn't work out so well.
You can jumpseat but you will not be able to take them on the main deck. They will be stored in the bulk cargo compartment. All the information is located in the Jumpseat Administration Guide.
I can see skies going in the belly. But I can't see an axe and crampons ever getting past security. You might have to ship that stuff in advance.
Quote: You can jumpseat but you will not be able to take them on the main deck. They will be stored in the bulk cargo compartment. All the information is located in the Jumpseat Administration Guide.
Perfect, that's what I had heard at some point, but couldn't remember clearly. Thanks for pointing out the reference.
Quote: Last time they took a jumpseater with a speargun it didn't work out so well.
Everybody has thought it, but I'll spell it out...UNCOOL, dude.
Quote: Everybody has thought it, but I'll spell it out...UNCOOL, dude.
Agreed. I posted thinking guys on here would respect the question for what it was, a question... I was wrong.
Quote: You can jumpseat but you will not be able to take them on the main deck. They will be stored in the bulk cargo compartment. All the information is located in the Jumpseat Administration Guide.
This^^^^^^^^! You can also call Corp Security for any questions about the other items but the easiest way would be to FedEx them to where you're going to be.
Cheers,
fbh
Quote: Agreed. I posted thinking guys on here would respect the question for what it was, a question... I was wrong.
CloudSailor,

You weren't wrong. That negative comment was meant for Packrat, whose shown a decided lack of good judgement. Hope you have a great trip.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to