FDX (rumor): Closing CGN to open EWR?

Subscribe
I heard from a friend of a friend of someone who knows someone, that the company is considering closing CGN and opening EWR as a crew domicile?

Anyone else hearing this?
Quote: I heard from a friend of a friend of someone who knows someone, that the company is considering closing CGN and opening EWR as a crew domicile?

Anyone else hearing this?
I heard that a while ago. It seems now the IND domicile might be the option they chose instead. After years of domicile rumors, it's hard to imagine two new domestic domiciles in short order.
Quote: I heard that a while ago. It seems now the IND domicile might be the option they chose instead. After years of domicile rumors, it's hard to imagine two new domestic domiciles in short order.
I agree with you, it seems too radical, right after IND being opened. But I heard it from a friend after the IND base opening had been announced. We shall see... when/if it's ever painted purple.
Quote: I agree with you, it seems too radical, right after IND being opened. But I heard it from a friend after the IND base opening had been announced. We shall see... when/if it's ever painted purple.

Maybe IND, and EWR if they announced it, would be like getting the A380.
This could be a great "squirrel" tactic.

See, we're talking about it now and not the contract.

"Look... Squirrel!!"
Management would NEVER throw out a distraction like A380 pay knowing full well they would never have to pay it. They have much more integrity than that