Female pilot uniforms

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Why do female US Airways pilots wear the same uniform as male pilots. A man's suit is not flattering on a woman. Why not more of a female style cut (like a business women would wear) with no tie and definitely no hat!

Virtually every other work group has gender appropriate clothing, from management to gate agents to flight attendants (OK I guess ramp workers dress the same too).

I hope with the new uniform we are able to move away from this. I'm sure I'll have some spears chucked my way for this, but I'm serious.

I'm particularly interested in the female pilots response to this. I can't imagine they like wearing men's clothing.
My wife spends a ton of money on shirts and pants that fit the way they should. She wears the regular tie though.

She looks pretty good in the uniform, IMO, but yeah - she's not a huge fan. Do any airlines have different uniforms for men and women, other than the tie?
Actually saw a female Southwest captain wearing a colored scarf instead of tie. I complemented her on it because I felt it looked way nicer and more feminine. She said they had recently approved it as uniform wear for women.
Quote: My wife spends a ton of money on shirts and pants that fit the way they should. She wears the regular tie though. She looks pretty good in the uniform, IMO, but yeah - she's not a huge fan. Do any airlines have different uniforms for men and women, other than the tie?
Continental had the "Peter Pan" hat and "The Napkin" (ascot) for females. I though both looked pretty stupid. I've seen plenty of female pilots (not Airways) in the crossover tie thing. I believe United has the option for a skirt now.
Quote: Continental had the "Peter Pan" hat and "The Napkin" (ascot) for females. I though both looked pretty stupid. I've seen plenty of female pilots (not Airways) in the crossover tie thing. I believe United has the option for a skirt now.
I cant imagine thinking a skirt and a pilot seat is a good idea. Are women pilots supposed to cross their legs while they fly or the other way while they fly.

Its a uniform. It would be nice to have clothes to fit women pilots better, im sure its frustrating. I have heard how much more expensive some of these options are for female pilots, and that sucks. But at the end of the day, its a uniform
Female pilot uniforms
If the military can figure it out for a service dress, so can the airlines. Seems to be a "it's always been that way" or "a male driven industry". ************
Quote: I believe United has the option for a skirt now.
Not likely...

Five. Point. Harness ???
Quote:
If the military can figure it out for a service dress, so can the airlines. Seems to be a "it's always been that way" or "a male driven industry". I agree sh!t's gotta change.
Didn't know female pilots in the military wear skirts when they fly. Pretty sure it's all the same dress when they fly, a flight suit. At least that's what I saw in my time over in Bagram.

Using the military dress example for airline pilots is a bad example and only reinforces the point that a common uniform amongst professionals is not the end of the world.
Yeah we figured it out in the military: Flight Suits! Not sure that is appropriate clothing for the airlines though....
Wait! There are women pilots?!!

I kid
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to