Opportunities in AZ (time-building)

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Great Lakes won't take you either. There really is no other way of building time unless your going to pay for it yourself. Plenty of CFI gigs out there (and in AZ) that you could build good hours very quick. Just get your CFI - a lot of people like to see that you have dual given and at least a CFI.
I live in the east valley and am pursuing a flying gig as well. I have a 150 at Chd,I have about 1000 TT and 80 ish Multi , com Asel and amel. I will be finishing up my degree in December but an trying to build flight time as always. If you wanna split time ( I need xc so I would like to do Chd-mzt-Chd ) each
Flight, which would run about 45 or so for the trip = 2.2 hours ish)
Glider time counts towards the 1500. I know it's a good hour and a half drive from the East valley but, check out Tucson Soaring Club at the El Toro gliderport. The gliders are free to rent, you only pay for the air tows. It's the cheapest way possible to build flight time. The longest I stayed up was 4 hours (cost me $35) and it could've been longer.

Look into Ameriflight SIC positions too.
Quote: Glider time counts towards the 1500. I know it's a good hour and a half drive from the East valley but, check out Tucson Soaring Club at the El Toro gliderport. The gliders are free to rent, you only pay for the air tows. It's the cheapest way possible to build flight time. The longest I stayed up was 4 hours (cost me $35) and it could've been longer.

the glider rating will cost you over 2K. If you want a rating there is AZ Soaring at E68 Estrella Sailport in Maricopa.
Quote: Glider time counts towards the 1500. I know it's a good hour and a half drive from the East valley but, check out Tucson Soaring Club at the El Toro gliderport. The gliders are free to rent, you only pay for the air tows. It's the cheapest way possible to build flight time. The longest I stayed up was 4 hours (cost me $35) and it could've been longer.

Isn't there also a glider outfit just north of Deer Valley?
Quote: Isn't there also a glider outfit just north of Deer Valley?
There is. Called Turf Soaring. Not sure if they still do instruction though. The guy who was out there with all the gliders to rent moved all his stuff to E68 Estrella Sailport.

AZ Soaring is a good outfit. Jason Stephens who owns it is an outstanding pilot. Betty in the office has been there for 30 years.
Quote: I live in the east valley and am pursuing a flying gig as well. I have a 150 at Chd,I have about 1000 TT and 80 ish Multi , com Asel and amel. I will be finishing up my degree in December but an trying to build flight time as always. If you wanna split time ( I need xc so I would like to do Chd-mzt-Chd ) each
Flight, which would run about 45 or so for the trip = 2.2 hours ish)
Hey are you still trying to get some XC time? I've been looking everywhere on here for that lol
GLA's 135 routes (low-time SICs) are all DEN based. No moving until you get 121 qualified.
Roommate got in with 250 hours, only because he worked the desk there for a year +.
RedRock Skydiving also requires 25 hours in a C206, they don't keep their jump pilots for very long from what I hear.
Hey I'm kind of in the same boat not really wanting to flight instruct..I'll time build with you anytime! I'm in LA but can travel...
Always up for time building! Got hired at Skydive Arizona flying the Twin Otter but could use some more XC time and need to stay up on IFR... don't get much of that in AZ. Thanks!
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to