Commute out of SDF?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Anyone doing it? Easiest commute to a domicile? Any domicile any regional. Thank you!
Quote: Anyone doing it? Easiest commute to a domicile? Any domicile any regional. Thank you!
I don't know what the answer is, but I would guess ATL. That said, do NOT make the mistake of picking an airline, especially a regional, based on the perceived ease of the commute. Of the top 5 things to think about, that should be number 6.
Thank you!
i commuted IN to SDF for 2 plus years, but once my southwest flight disappeared or the times i didn't want to wait for 6 hours to go home this is what I learned. (You have UPS to fall back on, go where you want. They are great. Just check the schedule and list as early as you can.) Avoid ORD/MDW, tons of commuters. Delta flights I usually got a seat in back, even to ATL. LGA/JFK usually had seats.
I have commuted to MDT and to MSP. It's all dependent go to where you get the job and worry about the commute when you bid for a base. Every commute i did had good days and bad I tried to commute on days when conventions were not arriving in SDF as the majority of flights are rjs and fill up quick.
Thank you both! Very good information.
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned that Chautauqua has an SDF base. The current news is that they are modding the MX hangar there to work on the E170 fleet, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the crew base will continue in the long run. We DO like to close bases, but SDF has been pretty safe and if MX is there, that is likely to stick around.
Quote: I'm shocked nobody has mentioned that Chautauqua has an SDF base. The current news is that they are modding the MX hangar there to work on the E170 fleet, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the crew base will continue in the long run. We DO like to close bases, but SDF has been pretty safe and if MX is there, that is likely to stick around.
That's an easy one...

1) CHQ Pilots have been waiting over a year now to get SDF and still can't hold it
2) Its shrinking
3) No more 145 hiring, so you can't even hire into the equipment based there
4) Doubtful to be a 170 base (but hey, stranger things have happened)
You have lots of cargo options to commute on aswell....ups and maybe of the charter cargo folks service sdf nightly.
PHL or ATL would probably be "easiest" given the combined frequency of pax and UPS flights. DFW and EWR probably secondary, as mentioned Chicago has a ton of commuters of all flavors.

Driving to IND (assuming RAH is hiring for IND) would probably be most "easiest", however.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to