CitationAir Ceasing Flight Ops

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
CitationAir To Cease Flight Operations On October 31 | Aviation International News

I used to work there when it was CitationShares. I wish all the best to my friends there.
Chris99 - I followed your travels through CitationShares and onto NJA.
Sorry to hear that the road has been rough. Hope you and your fellow emplyees from past and present find better fortunes in the coming few months.
Any more shares guys moving over to Gama/WUp? Sounds like the company is half avantair half shares.
Just curious, did Cessna Corporation have a stake in this, partial ownership ?
What caused the demise? How many lost their jobs?
I think there were only 7 or so aircraft left and about 30 pilots.
Quote: Chris99 - I followed your travels through CitationShares and onto NJA.
Sorry to hear that the road has been rough. Hope you and your fellow emplyees from past and present find better fortunes in the coming few months.
Thanks. The way things are going now, I should be recalled within the next six months and hopefully things will smooth out after that... It will be nice to get back to flying after a 5-year break.
Quote: Just curious, did Cessna Corporation have a stake in this, partial ownership ?
According to the airline profile portion of this website, Cessna was the 100% owner and there were almost 300 pilots.
I enjoyed my time at CS but NJ was the better option in the end. There are currently only 35 pilots left at CitationAir. They would never admit it but shutting down CitationAir was a stipulation of NetJets ordering all those Latitudes.
Quote: According to the airline profile portion of this website, Cessna was the 100% owner and there were almost 300 pilots.
Interesting. Wonder what the cause of this was. Cessna seems to be financially sound and the overall economy seems to be coming back. Interesting
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to