Disappointed at Aero Crew

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Spirit will be there though
I thought they said Spirit wasn't attending? FLL only? Did they change their minds?
Quote: We initially used a company called EventJoy.com to process ticket registration. We coordinated with them ahead of time stating that there would be a very strong demand for tickets. They assured us that there would be no issues at noon EST. Unfortunately that was not the case.

Their server crashed due to the strong demand for tickets and registration was halted. We then decided to use Eventbrite.com to handle ticket transactions. As you can tell tickets were sold out in 1 minute. The wait list with 150 attendees sold out in two minutes.

We estimated based on traffic that over 1600 pilots attempted to purchase a ticket yesterday. Eventjoy.com could not handle the traffic and their site failed. The Eventbrite.com link for new tickets was posted on our website at 12:46 PM but did not go active until 1 PM EST. Their server had no issues and handled the demand smoothly.

I can understand how people are disappointed but did the best we could given the circumstances. If you have a question about the process send me a PM.
How many Job fairs have you hosted in the past? Seems to me that you should have had this scenario ironed out a long time ago.
Heck, last year I purchased a ticket for Spirit 10 minutes after the site opened and I had a number in the teens. Guess it shows who pilots want to fly for.
When do we find out what our number in line is going to be?
Quote: How many Job fairs have you hosted in the past? Seems to me that you should have had this scenario ironed out a long time ago.
Maybe it's just me, tainted by the retail/service experience I had in high school and college to pay for college and flight training, etc.

But I thought it was a good practice, especially for the owner/proprietor/manager to FIRST say "we apologize for any service failure/inconvenience our customers may have experienced......"

Even if it wasn't directly their fault, etc. You know, taking responsibility/ownership, etc. It DOESN'T just apply to airline interviews
Quote: Not a bad way making $35k in 1 minute.

300 tickets @ $119/person = $35,700.
PT Barnum proven correct again!
Quote: I thought they said Spirit wasn't attending? FLL only? Did they change their minds?
My bad. Looks like Spirit will be attending a job fair in Nov at FLL.
Quote: How many Job fairs have you hosted in the past? Seems to me that you should have had this scenario ironed out a long time ago.
ACS has been doing this a while, first class operation.

Even Ticketmaster can crash when 500,000 screaming teenager clamer for whatever boy band is hot. Hell, the gov't has spent a billion of your tax dollars on the Obamacare exchange and that crashed and was down for how many months.

When your vendor says they can handle it, what are you supposed to do, hire a team of hackers to nail them with 50,000 sales in 60 seconds to "iron it out?"
Quote: ACS has been doing this a while, first class operation.

Even Ticketmaster can crash when 500,000 screaming teenager clamer for whatever boy band is hot. Hell, the gov't has spent a billion of your tax dollars on the Obamacare exchange and that crashed and was down for how many months.

When your vendor says they can handle it, what are you supposed to do, hire a team of hackers to nail them with 50,000 sales in 60 seconds to "iron it out?"
I'll remember this the next time there are 500,000 Pilot's screaming for a ticket to a Pilot Job Fair. Excuse's before apology make for a non first class operation.
Quote: ACS has been doing this a while, first class operation.

I have a daughter who is almost a teenager... It's one direction....sigh...it's one direction....
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to