Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

Can we close "Any Latest & Greatest at Delta"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Default Can we close "Any Latest & Greatest at Delta"

Can we PLEASE close the Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta thread!

I'm sure there is a lot of good information buried in this 100,000+ page thread. Unfortunately, no one will ever see it, because they don't have the time to go through 100,000+ pages.

I go to other airline forum websites to get my Delta news. There is no way to get it here on APC. For other airlines, if I see a thread title that interests me, I click on it and read the news and discussion related to that title. On the Any "Latest & Greatest" at Delta thread, I have no choice to but to read about whatever happened to be posted most recently, which is typically nothing important. It's a huge waste of time.

Even giving Delta their own sub forum, like American, United, and Southwest would be acceptable. But having one obnoxiously large thread with hundreds of different topics, and a whole lot of junk bantering back and forth is really just a waste.

Please close the Any "Latest & Greatest" at Delta thread and start posting individual topics like every other airline on this forum.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:49 AM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Good points all, but:

boooooooooooooooo

Actually, I suggested that to one of the mods a year or so ago.... not to necessarily close L&G, but to put DAL into a subcategory. I have no idea why they won't do that.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: MD-88 F/O

Old 09-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Utah Chapter

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post

I'm sure there is a lot of good information buried in this 100,000+ page thread. Unfortunately, no one will ever see it, because they don't have the time to go through 100,000+ pages.

I go to other airline forum websites to get my Delta news. There is no way to get it here on APC. For other airlines, if I see a thread title that interests me, I click on it and read the news and discussion related to that title. On the Any "Latest & Greatest" at Delta thread, I have no choice to but to read about whatever happened to be posted most recently, which is typically nothing important. It's a huge waste of time.

Even giving Delta their own sub forum, like American, United, and Southwest would be acceptable. But having one obnoxiously large thread with hundreds of different topics, and a whole lot of junk bantering back and forth is really just a waste.

Please close the Any "Latest & Greatest" at Delta thread and start posting individual topics like every other airline on this forum.
It all depends on how much you want it.

Personally, I read the entire thread twice the night before my interview. Finished at 5:55am, just in time to iron my shirt and make sure my tie was dried (I brought a grey one, but reading the thread taught me I needed a red one, so I dyed it overnight).

Good thing. Right after the first TMAAT question, I got asked what the first word of the third sentence of the fifth post on page 69 was.

Whew! Glad I got that one right!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Good points all, but:

boooooooooooooooo

Actually, I suggested that to one of the mods a year or so ago.... not to necessarily close L&G, but to put DAL into a subcategory. I have no idea why they won't do that.

The Mods are currently discussing this. In true Delta fashion we expect to have something out in 4-6 weeks.

Scoop
Old 09-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Get's Every Day Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Retired
Default Blasephemy!!!!!

Blasphemy!!! Actually there is still a lot of goof info in the thread. If one uses the search function they don't have to read the entire thread. If you aren't interested in the huge thread you certainly don't have to read it. Let it run and continue to see where it goes. No problem moving it if necessary.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Can't we post individual topics now? I agree, we need a sub forum. But, what's the point of closing the latest and greatest thread?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Can't we post individual topics now? I agree, we need a sub forum. But, what's the point of closing the latest and greatest thread?
There is no point. Don't close it. But please make sub-forums/categories for Delta.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Guppy Whisperer

Originally Posted by Flying Elvis View Post
Good thing. Right after the first TMAAT question, I got asked what the first word of the third sentence of the fifth post on page 69 was.

Whew! Glad I got that one right!
How hard was that? It was either underboob or sideboob. 50-50 shot!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by ExAF View Post
Blasphemy!!! Actually there is still a lot of goof info in the thread. .
......Oh, what a delicious Freudian slip!